Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293

Go down 
+14
Neobond
athloni
jives00
skynetbbs
constructacon
vampyre
transcender
wolf00
2gd
StormyKnight
feerlessleadr430
paybac
ingeon
billyad2000
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neobond
New User
New User

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: TV Show Error   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:45 am

Newest version gives me this error: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

What could be this illegal character that is ending my scrape?

Code:

Starting Folder Scan

Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 1
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 2
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 3
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 4
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 5
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 6
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Specials
0 New episodes found in directory:- V:\TV Shows\Lost
24 New episodes found in directory:- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 1

Error, exiting TV episode scraper
Error:-
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String[] str)
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
  at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.findnewepisodes(String path, String pattern)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.episodescraper(List`1 listofshowfolders, Boolean manual)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e, Boolean manual)
  at Media_Companion.Form1._Lambda$__2(Object a0, DoWorkEventArgs a1)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
Back to top Go down
skynetbbs
New User
New User

PostSubject: export posibilities   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:27 pm

It would be great if it could export to eg AMC
there one can use the content to export it to MySQL (sql, csv, ...) or to "print" selected according to a dvdbox template and so on
more info : http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog
regretfully AMC never had a "auto-scraper" functionality
Back to top Go down
fireberd350
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter

PostSubject: A+   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 am

Great work! I've been using a stable Gen1 for a while now and haven't checked back since the original Gen2's which were too buggy for my blood. This release is solid though. Much improved all around. Great job !
Back to top Go down
shadeblack
New User
New User
shadeblack

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 am

I have a few suggestions if that's okay:
  • create the application to have a FIXED width instead of a varied percent-orientated one. this way the program won't have to struggle loading it's tables.
  • instead of the numerous amount of radio buttons for each sort filter, have one context menu to select them.
  • the ability to hide/show the fanart and posters (would improve load time?).
  • ability to manually add a new movie. (I have 600+ movies - it takes a long time for it to search through the haystack).
  • get rid of anything that makes this program want to be a media application in itself. it's best if it's just a database organiser.

A couple problems i have found with THIS build were:
  • when I went to add my TV show folders, i listed my root folders, added the sub-folder with the button, and pressed save. once it finished saving those folders, i tried to go back to the main browser, but the program locked up. I had to end the process tree and start again. In order to successfully add the folders, I had to use the save folders button two or three times.
  • When I did manage to add my TV show folders, it added each folder three times. I had to rebuild the show list to correct it. (no surprise there, but odd behaviour and worth reporting).

P.S - please don't take any of my 'suggestions' to heart - they are merely my own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:19 pm

shadeblack you can just drag and drop the movies to the list window to manually add the movie
Back to top Go down
wedd123

PostSubject: crystal necklace   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:33 am

hmmm i got an idea Billy, how back you take a step back relax, and just enjoy your new HTPC.

I'm sure i can say on behalf of everyone thanks for top work you have done on this app

Ok thats enough of a break.

How bout:

MSI and/or update wizard?

What about a check box to add dvd covers or bluray covers to your movie poster
Something like this. In particular i would use this to add dvd cases to just my offline movies so that when i'm looking for a movie on xbmc i can tell if it is one of my DVDs or not. If needed i can change the below image to reflect Bluray or more DVD like.
crystal necklace

crystal bracelet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2