Posts : 1
Join date : 2010-05-21
|Subject: TV Show Error Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 am|| |
Newest version gives me this error: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
What could be this illegal character that is ending my scrape?
Starting Folder Scan
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 1
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 2
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 3
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 4
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 5
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 6
Subfolder added :- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Specials
0 New episodes found in directory:- V:\TV Shows\Lost
24 New episodes found in directory:- V:\TV Shows\Lost\Season 1
Error, exiting TV episode scraper
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String str)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Media_Companion.Form1.findnewepisodes(String path, String pattern)
at Media_Companion.Form1.episodescraper(List`1 listofshowfolders, Boolean manual)
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e, Boolean manual)
at Media_Companion.Form1._Lambda$__2(Object a0, DoWorkEventArgs a1)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-04-01
|Subject: export posibilities Sun May 30, 2010 1:27 pm|| |
It would be great if it could export to eg AMC
there one can use the content to export it to MySQL (sql, csv, ...) or to "print" selected according to a dvdbox template and so on
more info : http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog
regretfully AMC never had a "auto-scraper" functionality
Media Companion Supporter
Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-01-27
|Subject: A+ Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 am|| |
Great work! I've been using a stable Gen1 for a while now and haven't checked back since the original Gen2's which were too buggy for my blood. This release is solid though. Much improved all around. Great job !
Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 31
Location : england - essex - basildon
|Subject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 am|| |
I have a few suggestions if that's okay:
A couple problems i have found with THIS build were:
- create the application to have a FIXED width instead of a varied percent-orientated one. this way the program won't have to struggle loading it's tables.
- instead of the numerous amount of radio buttons for each sort filter, have one context menu to select them.
- the ability to hide/show the fanart and posters (would improve load time?).
- ability to manually add a new movie. (I have 600+ movies - it takes a long time for it to search through the haystack).
- get rid of anything that makes this program want to be a media application in itself. it's best if it's just a database organiser.
- when I went to add my TV show folders, i listed my root folders, added the sub-folder with the button, and pressed save. once it finished saving those folders, i tried to go back to the main browser, but the program locked up. I had to end the process tree and start again. In order to successfully add the folders, I had to use the save folders button two or three times.
- When I did manage to add my TV show folders, it added each folder three times. I had to rebuild the show list to correct it. (no surprise there, but odd behaviour and worth reporting).
P.S - please don't take any of my 'suggestions' to heart - they are merely my own thoughts.
Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-06-29
|Subject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:19 pm|| |
shadeblack you can just drag and drop the movies to the list window to manually add the movie
Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-05-12
|Subject: crystal necklace Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 am|| |
hmmm i got an idea Billy, how back you take a step back relax, and just enjoy your new HTPC.
I'm sure i can say on behalf of everyone thanks for top work you have done on this app
Ok thats enough of a break.
MSI and/or update wizard?
What about a check box to add dvd covers or bluray covers to your movie poster
Something like this. In particular i would use this to add dvd cases to just my offline movies so that when i'm looking for a movie on xbmc i can tell if it is one of my DVDs or not. If needed i can change the below image to reflect Bluray or more DVD like.crystal necklacecrystal bracelet
|Subject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.293 || |