Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need to change all my movies paths

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasuiro
New User
New User

Need to change all my movies paths Empty
PostSubject: Need to change all my movies paths   Need to change all my movies paths Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi, btw great programm.. Very Happy

... but I have three little problems...

1.- I need to change all my movies paths but I can't. Are there an easy way to do it??

2.- I can't connect media companion with my xbmc, why? I mean, db of my xbmc it's different to db media companion

3.- It would be perfect to add movies or tv series even if I don't have them on my hd and without I have to introduce the DVD

Thanks for your hard work!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Need to change all my movies paths   Need to change all my movies paths Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:33 am

1) Remove the current paths from the folders tab, add the new paths, select save.

2) Media Companion does not yet access directly the XBMC database, mainly because of the difficulty of relative paths (The path to a file from XBMC will be very different that that of MC)

3) Not sure what you are asking here, but it sounds like offline content. Offline movies are supported, just create a folder you wish to use as a holder for offline content, and add this folder to the offline folders list in Movie folders.
For each movie you wish to add, create a new folder within the offline folders directory, naming the folder using the movie title, eg.
offline movies\Batman Begins\
offline Movies\Star Trek (2009)\
When you next search for movies, these offline folders will be added to your collection.
This is not supported by TV shows (yet)
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Kasuiro
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need to change all my movies paths   Need to change all my movies paths Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:12 pm

First of all, thanks for your answers and sorry for my english ... Very Happy

I'll try to improve my explanations: I have of my movies collection in DVDs, then all I have is offline content (each DVD has 3 or 4 different movies). So I'm trying to MC get all info of my collection, and then, import this info with xbmc.

The process I'm going to follow is:

1.- Create folders with the name of all my movies.
2.- Get info by Media Companion off all my movies.
3.- Try to change all paths to my Drive E:\ (I don't know how to do it)
4.- Import all this info with xbmc (I don't know how to do it)

I hope you understand me now, and help me to do it easily... Thanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to change all my movies paths   Need to change all my movies paths Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to change all my movies paths
Page 1 of 1