Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fanart download fails

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DJM
New User
New User

Fanart download fails Empty
PostSubject: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 pm

This just started happening last night, and I'm unsure why - I haven't changed anything. I'm on Win7 64 bit.

Scraping any movie takes a long time (presumably due to fanart downloading)

Here's the bit from the log:

Scraping Title:- Death at a Funeral
Output filename:- C:\Users\Daniel\Videos\Movies\Death At A Funeral\Death at a Funeral.nfo
Poster Path:- C:\Users\Daniel\Videos\Movies\Death At A Funeral\Death at a Funeral.tbn
Fanart Path:- C:\Users\Daniel\Videos\Movies\Death At A Funeral\Death at a Funeral-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
Checking filename for IMDB ID
No IMDB ID found
Checking for Movie year in filename
No year found in filename
Cleaned Title for search :- Death at a Funeral
Movie Body Scraped OKActors scraped OKHD Tags Added OK
Poster scraped and saved OK
Saving Fanart As :- C:\Users\Daniel\Videos\Movies\Death At A Funeral\Death at a Funeral-fanart.jpg
Fanart Not Saved to :- C:\Users\Daniel\Videos\Movies\Death At A Funeral\Death at a Funeral-fanart.jpg
Error received :- System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()

Happens on all movies though, not just this one, and also on fresh copies of media companion, so not my settings.

It will also fail if I go into the fanart browser afterwards and attempt to download fanart manually from there.

I'm prepared to accept "your ISP is messed up" as an answer, if that's the answer... Having said that Media Companion is the only program causing issues.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 am

I'm getting the same error for that movie. Also if I click on fanart after the scrape MC closes by itself without an error reported.

The nfo seems correct & has an IMDB number & plot etc.

I checked two other movies I have already loaded for fanart, 2012 & A Knights Tale they are OK but they were not created from new.

Maybe IMDB have changed something again, I think Billy will have to have a look at this issue.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
zoom
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:47 am

Just started with MC... total newbie here. But I have the same problem, I think.

I ran the scraper in MC, and it found the movies. When I look at a particular movie within MC, I see the DVD cover ("poster"?) and a generic fanart thing that says "no backdrop is available for this media file". That's true for all my movies, I think.

Also... most of these are DVD VIDEO_TS rips, if that matters. What I see is this...

Under Movies/Title/VIDEO_TS/

* VIDEO_TS.nfo
* VIDEO_TS.tbn

That's it... no images, nothing else. Where is the poster art? I see nothing at the Movies/Title level at all, besides VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. What should this look like? Where is the DVD cover/poster image stored?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 am

I added a movie yesterday & the fanart didn't load on creation however when i manually went in to add a fanart i could do so...

I'm not sure if there is a difference in procedure between the two...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
DJM
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:35 pm

To update - I'm going to say it was a one off, as it's since come right again. So consider this a "nothing to see here, move along" from my point of view. I don't know what caused it, and I don't know why it went away, but it is gone, so I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
zoom
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Still not working for me. If I right-click on the "no fan art" image, and try to download it, it says "no fanart found on TMDB". Surely it's checking other sites, too, rt?

This could all just be a configuration problem. I just took the defaults, for the most part.

And again - where are these image files in my media folder? BTW, I tried checking the two boxes under Movie Prefs for "use folder names for scraping" and "created folder.jpg for each folder" - I still don't see folder.jpg.

Most of my movies are VIDEO_TS folders, as I said above. For the ones that aren't, I put them in a folder with the title name, like this...

Movies/Title/title.mkv

I've got TV shows, too, but let's get the movies working first....
Back to top Go down
ranger rob

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 am

I am having the same problem. I also am getting scraper errors on Studio and Tagline. Also, the Cert is not downloading.
Back to top Go down
gztuitui

PostSubject: Re: Fanart download fails   Fanart download fails Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:52 am

This could all just be a configuration problem. I just took the defaults, for the most part.

And again - where are these image files in my media folder? BTW, I tried checking the two boxes under Movie Prefs for "use folder names for scraping" and "created folder.jpg for each folder" - I still don't see folder.jpg.
Pearl Ring
Back to top Go down

Fanart download fails
Page 1 of 1