Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dbareis
dbareis

MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Empty
PostSubject: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 am

Hi,

Previous MC versions created "The Game Plan Part 1.nfo" and "The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" for "The Game Plan Part 1.avi", now while the ".nfo" is the same the existing ".tbn" is not found and if you create one it uses "The Game Plan.tbn" instead.

Bye,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: MC 3.175: MC still fails to find posters on multipart files   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:08 am

This problem still exists in the new version
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Check the option "Use unstacked method for poster filenames" in the general preferences.

This forces MC to keep the full unstacked filename for posters.

It should be noted that MC can see both, as can XBMC (except for a few versions which had bugs that forced this option into MC)
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:01 am

billyad2000 wrote:
Check the option "Use unstacked method for poster filenames" in the general preferences.

This forces MC to keep the full unstacked filename for posters.

It should be noted that MC can see both, as can XBMC (except for a few versions which had bugs that forced this option into MC)

Before I try this (in case you misunderstood my issue):

1. MC DOESN'T see both which is my issue...
2. I never changed the option
3. Posters have continued to work for all movies except multipart (all other files .nfo, fanart continue to use old (stacked?) names.

Thanks,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 am

MC definately sees both.

I just created a couple of dummy files called
"The Game Plan Part 1.avi"
"The Game Plan Part 2.avi"

Folder titled "The Game Plan" and foldermode set to true, although this is irrelevent to poster identification.

I repeated the search for new movies twice, deleting the created files and doing a rebuild in between scrapes.

With the option "Use unstacked method for poster filenames" unchecked.
"The Game Plan.tbn" is created and is viewable by MC.

With the option "Use unstacked method for poster filenames" checked.
"The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" is created and is viewable by MC.

It could be that there is a problem with the poster download, maybe its corrupt or incomplete, have you tried changing the poster with the editor.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 am

billyad2000 wrote:
MC definately sees both.

I just created a couple of dummy files called
"The Game Plan Part 1.avi"
"The Game Plan Part 2.avi"

Folder titled "The Game Plan" and foldermode set to true, although this is irrelevent to poster identification.

I repeated the search for new movies twice, deleting the created files and doing a rebuild in between scrapes.

With the option "Use unstacked method for poster filenames" unchecked.
"The Game Plan.tbn" is created and is viewable by MC.

With the option "Use unstacked method for poster filenames" checked.
"The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" is created and is viewable by MC.

It could be that there is a problem with the poster download, maybe its corrupt or incomplete, have you tried changing the poster with the editor.

I've just checked and I have the option unchecked, in the above is "The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" stacked or unstacked? It has occured to me that while something in MC itself has changed my assumption that it was in the last release may not be correct, the wall may have simply made this issue obvious.

I just want it to work and I have the format "The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" and MC doesn't understand it, you have proven that it understands both formats but it seems like it only understands one of those formats at a time.

MC has a few double negative type options which make it very hard to work around particularly when you don't fully understand what they mean in the first place.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:27 am

That is not the way it works, you can have any combination of settings for your posters, with a mix of stacked and unstacked.

MC only uses the settings when saving the file.

When looking for a poster or fanart MC loops through all possible filenames until it finds one that exists, then it sets this as the posterpath for that particular movie, this occurs when the movie details are loaded.

For example, MC creates the file: "The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" according to the settings and can load it when the movie is selected.
While MC is running. and without changing the settings, I renamed the file to "The Game Plan.tbn" and when I reselected the movie it still loaded the poster OK, even though the filename had changed.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
That is not the way it works, you can have any combination of settings for your posters, with a mix of stacked and unstacked.

MC only uses the settings when saving the file.

When looking for a poster or fanart MC loops through all possible filenames until it finds one that exists, then it sets this as the posterpath for that particular movie, this occurs when the movie details are loaded.

For example, MC creates the file: "The Game Plan Part 1.tbn" according to the settings and can load it when the movie is selected.
While MC is running. and without changing the settings, I renamed the file to "The Game Plan.tbn" and when I reselected the movie it still loaded the poster OK, even though the filename had changed.

OK, in that case there definately is a bug in MC, I'll try to capture the detail in "Process Monitor".

Thanks,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed   MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC 3.168: TBN (Posters) File Naming Changed
Page 1 of 1