Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how to update xbmc library?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
k1282
New User
New User

how to update xbmc library? Empty
PostSubject: how to update xbmc library?   how to update xbmc library? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 pm

hi guys,
i am using media companion extensively for all my movies an tv shows and everything orks perfectly fine. so great app you built there...
i am also using media ompanion for my xbmc client.
curently, all my media is stored on a NAS and and client is streaming this media via SMB with xbmc.
however, when i add new tv show episodes or new movies with media companion, my xbmc does not recognize the new content, although i set xbmc to automatically update the library on startup.

the only method that i figured out is to remove my media surces and add them again so that xbmc rescans my whole library. somehow i do not know how tell xbmc to ONLY look for NEW content. this current approach is a really lengthy process and can take up to 2 hours as i have a lot of media. i hope there is another way.

any ideas?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: how to update xbmc library?   how to update xbmc library? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 am

I had the same issue recently, episodes I knew where on the NAS where not being found. I also had to remove & re-enable the source.

I recently updated my XBMC & the problem started to show, my previous version was working fine.

I hoping now that once that has been done once it will be happy again....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
k1282
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: how to update xbmc library?   how to update xbmc library? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:32 am

i think u got me wrong:
i can see my files on the NAS in xbmc but i cannot see the changes i made in Media Companion to existing files when i update the libary. the only way around it seems to be to remove and add the source again or via the movie/tv information menu for each folder/movie. both ways are lenghty solutions and not really nice...
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: how to update xbmc library?   how to update xbmc library? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:50 am

I think its related, on yours you can't update current episodes or add new episodes (I assume) on mine I only checked if i could add new episodes....

I have XBMC on both my XBOX1 & my PC.

The XBOX1 I copied the library files from my old install. The library worked but it couldn't see any new episodes. Deleting the library & reconnecting the sources seems to have resolved the issue.

On the PC it was a complete fresh install & it also is working OK.

Can you pinpoint what has changed between when it was working & now that its not?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
nickepe
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: how to update xbmc library?   how to update xbmc library? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm

I have the same problem, XBMC doesn´t update after scraping with Media Companion.
Is it a bug?

/Nickepe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to update xbmc library?   how to update xbmc library? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to update xbmc library?
Page 1 of 1