Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Export Copies of Files

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
esra

Export Copies of Files Empty
PostSubject: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:54 am

Not sure if this would be possible but would be very useful.

It would be great if you had the ability to select files from the Movies list, and have MC copy those movies to a USB drive etc.

reason for this is I have a lot of people come over asking for a copy of my movies (home movies only ofcourse!)

As it stands they ask for new movies and I have to see each folder and see whats new.

being able to just open MC, select the movies I want and have it copy the AVI, NFO and TBN files to a USB drive or folder on desktop etc would be awesome.

Thanks for the awesome app!

Last edited by esra on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 am

Would a $50 donation help with this ???
;-)
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 am

Yes I second this functionality, it could also be used to move movies from one folder to another as i often have to juggle my videos due to space restrictions.....once moved MC could perform the addition of the new folder & a rebuild, however just doing the moving would cover 80% of that task.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:35 am

There is actually a routine within MC that will copy selected movies to a selected location.

The reason I never enabled it is because it is not as fast as copying via your windows desktop.

Using the standard windows file copy api works great, but provides no progress feedback. Instead I used a bitstream to copy the files, enabling me to display progress. Unfortunately that led to a slower file copy, maybe 20% slower.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:22 am

Perhaps we could still have the functionality & also a preference to disable displaying the full progress....

By default it could show the full progress of the move, but if disabled, it could just show moving file 1/10 for example & use the faster method (if for example you have selected multiple movies to move)

Cheers

Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:31 am

Just realised after using this feature, that if the movie being exported to say a USB drive has 2 CD's, only CD one gets exported?
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 am

Any ideas on this?

Makes the export feature useless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Export Copies of Files   Export Copies of Files Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Export Copies of Files
Page 1 of 1