Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Empty
PostSubject: V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...   V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:32 pm

When I maximise the screen & close down, restarting it is not maximised.

I think I mentioned this before...the list is defaulting not to the first item in the list but the first show in where you set the folders up...

& when navigating the list using the arrow keys, its very slow, I'm guessing because its trying to update the information on the right immediately. Would it be possible for it to wait a while & see if you have stopped trying to scroll before displaying the info on the right?

Thanks also for adding the Default mode & also fixing the status bar hiding the last movie & the larger list boxes.

Richard
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...   V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:55 pm

From version 1.989+

Maximised is now a form savestate.

Selected item in TV Show Combobox is now the first in list

I'm not sure how to go about your last issue, I can see what you mean, I can think of no way to do what you ask though, maybe something will come to me.
I do know that the TV Show navigator needs optimising, it is very slow at the moment and there is no reason why this should not be almost instant. It just needs a bit of time spending on it. If this was the case then your issue would be less of a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...   V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:29 pm

billyad2000 wrote:

I'm not sure how to go about your last issue, I can see what you mean, I can think of no way to do what you ask though, maybe something will come to me.

I assuming here that the delay is actually retrieving the information, not actually displaying it.

So the only real way to make the operation appear faster is to be able to move thru the movie list whilst still looking up information....i.e. maybe a separate thread for this retrieval process?

The key though is that if the user moves off of that movie that is currently being retrieved, that that retrieval is cancelled & a new one is made for the newly selected movie.

Ideally increasing the retrieval speed would be the overall solution but it is not always easily programmed.

I've noticed that the TV episodes section does display alot quicker if moving between episodes...is there a difference here?

Cheers
Richard
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...   V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm

The delay isn't coming from the program, but from the downloading of actor thumbs from whatever their source.
I created the appearence of a speedup by displaying the page then getting the actor thumb after this was all done, you will see the actor appear a second or so after the page has loaded. It still causes delay when someone trys to change the TV Show before this is finished downloading.

Episodes are faster because the TVDB actor information for episodes doesn't include thumbnails. If IMDB actors are used then the first actor in the list is always the same and therefore cached, which speeds things up.

Ultimately the only solution is to devise a system that hosts all actor thumbs on the local machine, much the same as XBMC, this is in my list of things to do. My main problem with this is creating a method that isn't needlessly hosting the same image multiple times. This is easy with IMDB since the actor ID could be used (nm0185819.jpg for Daniel Craig). It becomes a little bit more tricky with TVDB since they are of the oppinion that each show should have a thumb of the actor as they appear in that particular show.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...   V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 am

Ok Thanks, no worries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...   V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

V1.988 Maximise screen not remembered & TV Show Listing issues...
Page 1 of 1