Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

could not find a part of the path...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
d606hm
New User
New User

could not find a part of the path... Empty
PostSubject: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey all,

First off, MC is a fantastic program and is a GODSEND in terms of managing my media however I hit a small (slightly irritating problem).

Whenever I try and get MC to scrape a particular folder, it throws up the error that it

'could not find part of the path to ......' where .... is the path to the folder I am trying to scrape.

My folder structure is standard:
Tv Shows
-TV SHOW 1
-Season 1
-Show S0xE0x

I have tried removing the spaces in the path (as that sometimes causes issues) but this hasn't worked.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
d606hm
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:42 pm

update:

The folders causing issue are called:
Season 16
and Season 19

No idea why but one workaround I have discovered is to move the actual video files into a 'catchall' folder i have labelled season.

MC can then go and scrape through this and pull out the information based on the filename Showname.S0x.E0x

Not ideal as it is not very organised but a temporary solution. Anybody have any other ideas??

Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:23 am

Perhaps it may be to do with your show name itself....although it shouldn't affect just those seasons...can you post the full path to say S19E01.avi

e.g.

c:\TV Shows\Doctor Who\Season 19\S19E01.avi

Cheers
Back to top Go down
d606hm
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
Perhaps it may be to do with your show name itself....although it shouldn't affect just those seasons...can you post the full path to say S19E01.avi

e.g.

Cheers

Hey the path is:

/Volumes/BEN MEDIA/TV Shows/Simpsons, The/Season 19/S019E01
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:09 am

Just for something to try, have you tried to map that root folder "TV Shows" to a drive letter & see if mc can see it properly that way?

Again I can't see anything obviously different between using say Season 18 or Season 19....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Steveb
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 am

d606hm wrote:
StormyKnight wrote:

e.g.

Cheers

Hey the path is:

/Volumes/BEN MEDIA/TV Shows/Simpsons, The/Season 19/S019E01

Have you tried naming the episode S19E01 instead of S019E01, the "0" is usually only added to seasons 1-9 Wink
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Good pickup Steve....I didn't even notice that!

It could be a typo since its only a couple of seasons & not all from 10, but yeah you're right MC will not work with its default regex with S019 because that is 'S' & 3 digits ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: could not find a part of the path...   could not find a part of the path... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

could not find a part of the path...
Page 1 of 1