Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jyujinkai

[SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Empty
PostSubject: [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?   [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:23 am

Hi there...

Once you have scrapped a movie or TV show with MC, and then scanned the directory in XBMC to have it show in the nice pretty library view... what do I do if I change anything in MC?

Like for example I add a custom genre, or manually edit the Plot Synopsis as the one on IMDB has spoilers....

If I go into XBMC and "scan for new content" none of the changes show up.... If I go to settings and select "clean library" nothing happens (I assume that will just del any entries it can not find on the disk)

What I think I need to get XBMC to do is to "re-scrape" deleting everything and pulling the data back from the files MC made....

how would I do that?

Last edited by Jyujinkai on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?   [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 am

In XBMC, you need to go to the specific item (movie, TV Show, episode, etc) you have changed and choose "refresh".

This is why it's a good idea to make sure you've got everything right via MC before you scan in with XBMC Smile
Back to top Go down
Jyujinkai

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?   [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:16 am

What?!!

That is completely unacceptable lol...

is there a way to completely remove teh xbmc library and then just rescan it, it should be quick as MC has made all the fiels for me
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?   [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:34 pm

To remove the movies from the library is easiest done by setting the folder from containing movies to none and then XBMC will ask you if you want to delete the movies and after that you just have to sett the folder back to containing movies and rescan it all done

When you do it like this XBMC will remember what movies you seen and not.

Last edited by Jocke69 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jyujinkai

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?   [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Jocke69 wrote:
To remove the movies from the library is easiest done by setting the folder from containing movies to none and then XBMC will ask you if you want to delete the movies and after that you just have to sett the folder back to containing movies and rescan it all done

thanks man... this will do fine.
Back to top Go down
gztuitui

PostSubject:    [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

This is why it's a good idea to make sure you've got everything right via MC before you scan in with XBMC

Pearl Necklace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?   [SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] - How do you get new changes to show up in XBMC?
Page 1 of 1