Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Media Companion Progress Report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Media Companion Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Media Companion Progress Report   Media Companion Progress Report Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm

It's been a while since I posted an update, i've been pre-occupied with other things (Mainly the new COD World At War Smile) I have still been spending some time working on Media Companion, just not as much.

The biggest thing i've been working on is the fanart selection screen for Movies, and I think you will all be quite pleased with the result of my efforts.

Media Companion Progress Report Movief10

As you can see, previews of all available fanarts are displayed and when the Select Fanart Button is clicked the full size image is downloaded, resized if neccesary according to the option selected in the preferences. This is completed for version1 of the TMDB API, I have asked for an API Key for version 2 of the TMDB API and will make the neccesary changes once i've received it.

I have decided to remove the ability to download multiple fanarts to stop people raping TMDB and TVDB although the slideshow capability will remain if people wish to download additional fanarts manually.

I am also looking at doing similar for Movie Posters, it would make it easier to scrape thumbs from different sources.

The movie scrapers have been optimised some more, especially the rescrape movie option, the speed has been improved with it now taking about 5 seconds to scrape an IMDB page, including the full actor list. The bug that caused the scraper to exit on movies with 300+ actors has been fixed.

I am also looking at other issues and bugs and would appreciate it if people would bump unresolved bug posts.

You have probably noticed the new Media Companion Logo I thought it was about time it had one,
I have also created an icon based on the logo :-
Media Companion Progress Report Media_13
I hope you like it.

The next version will be available in a week or so.

Regards,

Billy

Last edited by billyad2000 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

Media Companion Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Progress Report   Media Companion Progress Report Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:56 am

Excellent work! The fanart screen looks great as does the new logo & icon - can't wait to give it a spin!

Cheers
Richard
Back to top Go down

Media Companion Progress Report
Page 1 of 1