Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feature Request: Short rating information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
classicspam
New User
New User

Feature Request: Short rating information Empty
PostSubject: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:07 am

Just wondering if there could be an option to pull short rating information so that instead of "Rated R for such and such and extreme something else..." it could just pull "R" for the rating?
Back to top Go down
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:19 am

+1 this would be preferred over the full contents of the MPAA stuff off imdb.

egg
Back to top Go down
Insomniac
Insomniac

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 pm

Is the norm not something like PG18 SNVL where S=Sex, N=Nudity, V=Violence & L=Strong language?
I believe there was a previous request to output this graphically in some way based on the scraper result.
I wouldn't mind something along the lines of what is depicted here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_content_rating_systems - if that isn't asking too much... but maybe this opens the door for too much debate...

Last edited by Insomniac on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flipped cracker
flipped cracker

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:57 am

not every program would be able to display an image like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetvdb.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:39 am

I'm busy with other things at the moment, it would certainly be possible to shorten the rating to :-
G
PG
PG-13
R
NC-17

It would also be fairly easy to display this in a graphical manner as an overlay. I'm not sure I would want to do anything more complicated than this.

I'll look into it in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
eggman

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:23 am

billyad2000 wrote:
I'm busy with other things at the moment, it would certainly be possible to shorten the rating to :-
G
PG
PG-13
R
NC-17

It would also be fairly easy to display this in a graphical manner as an overlay. I'm not sure I would want to do anything more complicated than this.

I'll look into it in the future.

That simplfied ratings display would be perfect. Anything more complicated should be left to folks making skins and such. I really just want XBMC MC to be great at managing the meta data and assets associated to the media. Graphical representation is, imo, outside of the scope of what I'd look for XBMC MC to do.

egg
Back to top Go down
classicspam
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 am

As far as scope of request:

G
PG
PG-13
R
NC-17

covers the entire scope of the request. Thank you for looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feature Request: Short rating information   Feature Request: Short rating information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feature Request: Short rating information
Page 1 of 1