Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pko66

v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Empty
PostSubject: v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection   v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 am

As you can see in the image, there is no "save" button anywhere. Probably it is rendered outside the window, but no resize can make it visible...

v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Dibujo11
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection   v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:35 pm

The latest release has fixed that for me.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection   v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Yes, that is fixed in the latest version,

Just as a question, i've noticed some people have issues with the form not quite looking right, the genre filter not fitting correctly etc.

They all have one thing in common, on the screen shots provided such as above, everything looks chunkier, can someone please tell me the reason for this, is it an xp only issue, or can it be duplicated on XP?
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Pko66

PostSubject: Re: v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection   v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:21 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
Yes, that is fixed in the latest version,

Just as a question, i've noticed some people have issues with the form not quite looking right, the genre filter not fitting correctly etc.

They all have one thing in common, on the screen shots provided such as above, everything looks chunkier, can someone please tell me the reason for this, is it an xp only issue, or can it be duplicated on XP?

The reason is probably caused from "big fonts" selection; there are some fonts in windows (used a lot in standard menus and dialogues) whose size cannot be changed in the standard way ("appearance" tab in screen properties), but can be forced bigger if you select 120dpi as screen rendering size. To do that, select "screen properties", "configuration" tab, press "advanced options" button and then, in "general" tab, there is a combo box where you can select the dots per inch rendering resolution from "normal (96dpi)" (default option), "big fonts (120dpi)" (the one I'm using) or "personalized".

The reason to select the bigger fonts is that some people, like me, have slight eyesight impairing and need those to have a more pleasant computer experience when using it for a long time. In fact, many people does not know this and use a much worst solution, selecting a lower screen resolution (for example, selecting to display @ 1280x1024 while they actually have a 1600x1200-resolution LCD screen) because they cannot read some text properly since it is too small for them otherwise. When I show them this option they are usually very grateful, because they can still read all the text options and everything looks so much better...

This mess of having to change the dot per inch rendering resolution is a workaround caused from some poor design in the windows' graphics interface (the user should be capable of changing ALL standard fonts from the "appearance" GUI!!!), and has the unfortunate collateral effect of breaking some programs' graphical design because they use incorrectly programmed DLLs that aren't aware of the fact that, when painting a window, they *MUST* take into account the actual dot per inch resolution and not assume the user is using the 96-dpi-standard.

Unfortunately it seems that the compiler/interpreter you use to generate media companion has this cosmetic bug.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection   v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 am

Pko66 wrote:
The reason is probably caused from "big fonts" selection; there are some fonts in windows (used a lot in standard menus and dialogues) whose size cannot be changed in the standard way ("appearance" tab in screen properties), but can be forced bigger if you select 120dpi as screen rendering size. To do that, select "screen properties", "configuration" tab, press "advanced options" button and then, in "general" tab, there is a combo box where you can select the dots per inch rendering resolution from "normal (96dpi)" (default option), "big fonts (120dpi)" (the one I'm using) or "personalized".
Unfortunately it seems that the compiler/interpreter you use to generate media companion has this cosmetic bug.

I can can confirm that my problem was caused by the 120 (big fonts) setting as resetting it to 96 (normal) and rebooting did solve the problem for me (I can now see that there is a version number after the "PayPal" text and Genre don't overlap etc. Hopefully this is now an easy bug to fix as I'm not sure I want to leave it this way.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection   v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v 2.008 - No "save" button on fanart selection
Page 1 of 1