Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

scraper output - list movie name scraped

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gmk2

scraper output - list movie name scraped Empty
PostSubject: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I would like to request the scraper output also return the movie name that has been matched to aid finding errors. As an example, scanning a movie with folder name The.Express results in the scraper dialogue showing:

Searching IMDB For The.Express
IMDB ID found :- tt0338348
nfo saved as :- \\Movies\The.Express\The.Express.nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- \\Movies\The.Express\The.Express.tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- \\Movies\The.Express\The.Express.tbn
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- \\Movies\The.Express\folder.jpg
Fanart URL is http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=tt0338348&api_key=3f026194412846e530a208cf8a39e9cb
Saving Fanart As :- \\Movies\The.Express\The.Express-fanart.jpg

Unfortunately, the movie returned was "The Polar Express" (rather than "The Express"), if this title was returned in the above dialogue it would simplify my tracking down the error to fix, currently I am having to open IMDB and run the search myself so I can work out what movie Media Companion thought it found so I can then find it to edit in Media Companion.

Greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

gmk2
Back to top Go down
clutch9

PostSubject: Re: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 pm

how about prompting us for title, with media companion's suggestion first? e.g. a separate menu Movie > Scan folders for new movies (prompt for names)
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:14 am

clutch9 wrote:
how about prompting us for title, with media companion's suggestion first? e.g. a separate menu Movie > Scan folders for new movies (prompt for names)

And/or an option to prompt for name when the movie info can't be found at all (with option to abort for that movie).
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm

From the next build a seperate list is now available,

Once movies have been scraped in a session a checkbox is created that allows you to view only movies added during the current session.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
clutch9

PostSubject: Re: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:24 pm

great news. when is this version planned to be released?
Back to top Go down
gmk2

PostSubject: Re: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:56 am

Disregard this post - my shortcut was hitting the wrong version of the exe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scraper output - list movie name scraped   scraper output - list movie name scraped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scraper output - list movie name scraped
Page 1 of 1