Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rausch101

Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan Empty
PostSubject: Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan   Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:41 am

Hi there, great work so far! I love the idea of a program that automatically does this. On to business:

XBMCMC doesn't seem to want to add any information for my .iso, .bin, .mkv or .ogm files - it just skips them during the scan.

Also, here's the movies so far that it gets an error, saying that the length cannot be zero:

(All located in "E:\Media\Movies")

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) A.avi" - later worked after I changed the "A" to "CD 1"
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) B.avi" - later worked after I changed the "B" to "CD 2"
"G.I. Jane 1997.avi" - later worked after I changed it to "G.I. Jane (1997).avi"
"Magicians.avi"

Other multiple CD movies with the A-B-C naming scheme work fine though during scan (e.g. "3.10 To Yuma A.avi")

All produce this same error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

I'm assuming these are bugs, but if not does anyone have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan   Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:20 am

I'm not sure about all the issues you raise but some of them have been fixed, try the latest version and let me know, you can find a lnk to it in the Media Companion Announcements forum
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
rausch101

PostSubject: Re: Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan   Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:28 am

Version 1.827 fixed the issue with not scanning other file types and also the issue with not scanning those movie names I listed. However, there's still one movie it's having trouble with,

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007)" in "E:\Media\Movies"

When it gets to the trouble movie, the error window comes up with:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length

and a separate window opens (.nfo editor), which stays open and untouchable until the whole scan is done.

This is the ONLY movie in my list of 485 that it has trouble with...very nice!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan   Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:52 am

Ok - ive found the issue and it will be fixed for the next release.

The only "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007)" on IMDB is a video game.

Name your file "TMNT (2007)" and it will work OK
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan   Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not scanning certain file types, some movies produce error during scan
Page 1 of 1