Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dja1ien
New User
New User

Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002) Empty
PostSubject: Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002)   Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:07 pm

I've encountered a strange issue after I added Rollerball. MC downloaded the poster and fanart for this movie, and the fanart shows in the background on MC, but rollerball-fanart.jpg was not created. I've tried switching between the two available fanarts to no avail. More alarming, after updating my library in XBMC, the rollerball fanart is now being used as the default fanart for all movies that don't have any! I'm at a loss since I can't even seem to locate this file to begin with as to how it could have gotten into XBMC so pervasively. Has anyone experienced something similar?

EDIT: looking through userdata it appears that XBMC is adding fanart tbns for all movies that don't have associated fanart, but it's all this Rollerball fanart. I tried deleted all the offending tbns from Userdata and that cleared it up UNTIL I ran Clean Library just to check, and it dumped them all back in. Where could it possibly have gotten this fanart in the first place since the file didn't appear to exist, and how does it keep grabbing it and dumping it back in now?
Back to top Go down
dja1ien
New User
New User

PostSubject: Figured it out   Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:00 am

Well I feel like an idiot. It appears that MC didn't properly rename the fanart for Rollerball so it was sitting in my folder as fanart.jpg and was thus picked up and used for any movies that didn't have their own fanart. whew.
Back to top Go down
jz1276

PostSubject: Re: Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002)   Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm

dja1ien wrote:
Well I feel like an idiot. It appears that MC didn't properly rename the fanart for Rollerball so it was sitting in my folder as fanart.jpg and was thus picked up and used for any movies that didn't have their own fanart. whew.

hey, i have the same problem. just found this thread thanks for the solution !
Back to top Go down
jz1276

PostSubject: Re: Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002)   Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 am

why is this happening with so many fanart images though? Alot of fanart images I save I have to end up renaming bc they are just saved as "fanart".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002)   Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange fanart issue after adding Rollerball (2002)
Page 1 of 1