Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tmternes
New User
New User

Please, I am an IDIOT!  What to do when done scraping? Empty
PostSubject: Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?   Please, I am an IDIOT!  What to do when done scraping? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:55 pm

I am sure the majority of you will be laughing at this, but here goes:

I am new to this. I downloaded Media Companion, read the instructions, let MC scrape my movies, NOW WHAT?

Do I save the file as an HTML?

What do I do with the file once I have saved it?

As well, I am also experimenting with Plex. Does anybody know if this will work with it?
Back to top Go down
alecss
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?   Please, I am an IDIOT!  What to do when done scraping? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:52 pm

If MC has scanned and found movies, it will have created .nfo files in the same names as the movies.
If your library is up and running on xbmc, then just update the library and it will pull in the information from the nfo files, rather than connecting to the internet. You can also set it up to grab posters and fanart. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
tmternes
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?   Please, I am an IDIOT!  What to do when done scraping? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:48 pm

alecss wrote:
If MC has scanned and found movies, it will have created .nfo files in the same names as the movies.
If your library is up and running on xbmc, then just update the library and it will pull in the information from the nfo files, rather than connecting to the internet. You can also set it up to grab posters and fanart. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Alright, so it creates .nfo files. Where are they? When I update the XBMC library, how does the library know to pull the .nfo files? Do I have to tell it to search for them, as I cannot see any file structure.

As well, because I am using XBMC for the mac, and MC is only on Windows, do I not need to copy a file over to the mac side so that the XBMC for Mac sees it?
Back to top Go down
tmternes
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?   Please, I am an IDIOT!  What to do when done scraping? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Alright, I get it now. The actual .nfo file is created as a VIDEO_TS.nfo INSIDE my original VIDEO_TS file of the movie. There is actually no Media Companion attachment per say.

I also see the fanart.

Here is my other question that nobody has answered yet:

I have spent hours compiling great cover art for all my movies (300+). I do not want these replaced with the scraper results, because, quite simply, mine look better.

However, I DO want the fanart.

Is there a way to scrape where the fanart actually gets inserted in the library WITHOUT replacing my thumbnail cover art as well? It seems I get both or nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?   Please, I am an IDIOT!  What to do when done scraping? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please, I am an IDIOT! What to do when done scraping?
Page 1 of 1