Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Beta Problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cobalt6d
cobalt6d

New Beta Problems Empty
PostSubject: New Beta Problems   New Beta Problems Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 am

I am using the new version Media Companion gen2 beta

I have three HDs with movies on them and gen2 beta is missing 65 of my movies that show up in version 2.292

I don't know if this is a bug or just because it is a beta but it is all I have noticed so far.

I have not narrowed it down to what movies they are yet...
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Beta Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Beta Problems   New Beta Problems Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:38 am

cobalt6d wrote:
I am using the new version Media Companion gen2 beta

I have three HDs with movies on them and gen2 beta is missing 65 of my movies that show up in version 2.292

I don't know if this is a bug or just because it is a beta but it is all I have noticed so far.

I have not narrowed it down to what movies they are yet...

This has been experienced by someone else, it seems to be caused by nfo's with errors within the xml. MC gen 2 now reads the nfo files as xml and cannot read those that contain xml formatting errors.

To test, try opening one of the effected nfos in internet explorer or firefox, if the browser returns an error then MC G2 cant read it.

To fix it, either use a text editor to fix the nfo or delete the nfo and rescrape.

MC now outputs these files using xml serialisation, so the good news is that the issue will not happen in any new nfo files.

Actually, thinking about this, it may be a good idea to find a way to add these movies within the problem catagory. To give people a visual about this error.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

New Beta Problems
Page 1 of 1