Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

User definable regular expression for filename/foldername->imdb lookup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lanroth
New User
New User

User definable regular expression for filename/foldername->imdb lookup Empty
PostSubject: User definable regular expression for filename/foldername->imdb lookup   User definable regular expression for filename/foldername->imdb lookup Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 am

Hi billyad2000,

I just stumbled across Media Companion and think it's great - thanks for all your hard work.

Would it be possible to add an option to apply a regular expression to the movie name before that name is sent to the imdb search?

Different people have very different conventions for how they organise their collections and this would allow them to use Media Companion if they're using an uncommon convention.

An example from my own collection is:
The Lives of Others [English subtitles]
This brings back no results.

If I could apply a regular expression I could remove everything between the square brackets and IMDB would find the movie.

If you can supply source code I'll have a go at implementing this feature.

If the regular expression was user definable the more technical users could help create regular expressions that would be more flexible and robust against people's naming conventions. This forum would help facilitate that and I'd be happy to help :-)

Thanks again,
Lanroth
Back to top Go down

User definable regular expression for filename/foldername->imdb lookup
Page 1 of 1