Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dbareis
dbareis

MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?) Empty
PostSubject: MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?)   MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:00 am

Hi,

I did this accidently then did some more testing..

If you quickly click "Unwatched" then "Watched" it will result in a nearly empty .NFO file.

Bye,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?)   MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:24 pm

I had a similar issue but i could not nail it down to exactly what caused it also with the watched/unwatched.

What I had was unwatched selected to limit the list to unwatched movies. I then went down through the list & selected watched on those that were watched. On several occasions I ended up with a year instead of a movie (year) at the top of the list......

Restarting MC seemed to fix this though, I don't think I have any empty nfo's.....

I also then started to go through the list from the bottom instead of the top & I didn't experience the problems again...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?)   MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:31 am

I will add a monitor to the save file sub, hopefully this will stop the issue. Not 100% sure though, didn't think a file could be accessed by another thread when it is open and in use.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?)   MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC 3.098 Corrupts Existing .NFO File (updates not thread safe?)
Page 1 of 1