Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Log File Media Companion

Go down 
+3
AnthonyB
Wizerd
scottshaw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottshaw

Log File Media Companion Empty
PostSubject: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi Billy I am using the new build 3.168 deleted media Companion on c drive and started with a fresh new copy. When I click on scan for new movies I get this lot file this happened after I did a clean install of winxp pro. Here is the log

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Quote: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb

Billy could answer this for sure - but it looks as though it can't find imdb.dll.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:45 am

Wizerd wrote:
Quote: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb

Billy could answer this for sure - but it looks as though it can't find imdb.dll.

Certainly sounds like it.

@Scottshaw - re-extract the files into your MC directory and make sure you can see imdb.dll in the same folder you have Media Companion.exe running from.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Yes, MC cant find the "imdb.dll" file. download the archive again and extract all the contents to your media companion folder.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
scottshaw

PostSubject: log file   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Billy I have downloaded imdb.dll fromNov.19th/09 post and extracted into Media Companion folder and I still get the same log.
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Just download version 3.168 and don't bother with the 2 update files from 19 Nov. I think billy made further changes to the imdb.dll before releasing 3.168.

Let us know how you get on.

Paybac
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:12 pm

paybac wrote:
Just download version 3.168 and don't bother with the 2 update files from 19 Nov. I think billy made further changes to the imdb.dll before releasing 3.168.

Let us know how you get on.

Paybac

Thats correct, 3.168 had a fixed imdb.dll, didn't upload it seperately since 3.168 was released at the same time.
Back to top Go down
scottshaw

PostSubject: Log file   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:01 am

Hey Billy I done a clean install of Media Companion 3.168 . When I open MC I get a box on the screen saying Media Companion
Unhandled exception has accurred in your application Details Continue Quit and I click continue and then scan for new movies .
here is my log file

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:03 am

When you first installed 3.168 did you delete the moviecache.xml. The last build added some tags which are essential, deleting the moviecache.xml forces MC to rebuild the db on startup.

Thats the only other thing I can think of.
Back to top Go down
scottshaw

PostSubject: log file   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:41 am

Hey Billy I deleted the moviecache.xml and still nothing same log file when I scan for new movies.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Not got the faintest idea what the issue is,

Have you got the latest .NET framework installed? Or at least .NET 3.5.
Back to top Go down
scottshaw

PostSubject: log file   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Good morning Billy Media Companion was working great build 3.154 . On Nov. I had to format the harddrive and start a clean install. all the winxp updates were installed plus 3.5.net. and installed media companion and i have been getting this log file.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Does 3.154 still work for you?
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:04 am

scottshaw wrote:

Just saying what I'd do, I search all hard drives you have attached for IMDB.DLL and check their versions etc.

[quote="scottshaw"]WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

Have you tried the above?
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 am

I can confirm if I rename imdb.dll I get this same error. It doesn't happen on startup, but when I try to rescrape a movie.

What path do you have MC in? Is your XP SP3?

Do you access to another PC, have you tried it there?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:26 am

StormyKnight wrote:
I can confirm if I rename imdb.dll I get this same error. It doesn't happen on startup, but when I try to rescrape a movie.

Same symptom doesn't neccesarily mean same issue but that is likely. Either way the SysInternals tool "Process Monitor" would help show where the problem is and where the OS/MC is looking.

"imdb.dll" should be in the same dir as "Media Companion.exe", I just did a quick check and the current directory when MC starts appears to be irrelevant but I'd make sure the "start in" dir was the MC install directory.

Other people seem to be using different versions of "imdb.dll", I assume these don't come from IMDB so with such a generic filename windows/MC could perhaps be locating a dll of the same name built for another tool/purpose (and perhaps copied to the windows dir tree - the reason why I don't ever do this unless absolutely required). Also check one in MC install looks like:

Log File Media Companion Imdb-d10

If Billy builds the dll then perhaps a better name would be "mc_imdb.dll" etc... Much less likely to have a name clash.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:01 am

As has been suggested above, search your hard drive for other copies of imdb.dll, especially any that have made it into your %windir%, %windir%\system, %windir%\system32 directories.

Maybe also open a command prompt in you folder that you have MC in, run dir /s>mcdir.txt and post the result here so we can see exactly what you have in the directory and the file sizes.

Maybe try creating another MC folder on your desktop, extract the 3.168 folder contents into it, and try again.

You said you had to reformat your hard drive? Why? Malware? bad sectors? Possibly imdb.dll is sitting on a bad sector and can't load. Go into My Computer, open the properties for your hard drive, then Tools, then run Error checking and turn on options to "Automatically Fix.." and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

Scottshaw - may you could be a little more forth coming with information as we're all shooting basic Windows troubleshooting ideas around based on very little information. even if you don't think something is relevant/important, put it out there as to date all your responses have been one line responses to questions! Smile
Back to top Go down
scottshaw

PostSubject: log file   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:56 am

Hey StormyKnight thanks for the reply. Here it is 10:30pm Friday night just formated the harddrive and installed winxp with SP3
and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 with all the updates. Installed Media Companion 3.168 in c:\programs .
I ran MC for the first time and I get the same log file as before
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 am

scottshaw wrote:
Hey StormyKnight thanks for the reply. Here it is 10:30pm Friday night just formated the harddrive and installed winxp with SP3
and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 with all the updates. Installed Media Companion 3.168 in c:\programs .

This is obviously a rare problem this makes it likely that it is because of something you are doing, perhaps the EXACT path your are installing into. So you created a directory called "c:\programs" and installed MC directly into the root of that? As mentioned by someone else the more DETAILED info the better (hence my "Process Monitor" suggestion etc).

As also mentioned just running MC doesn't generate the issue for them you have to scrape, so if just running it does it for you its getting weirder...
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:22 am

scottshaw wrote:
Hi Billy I am using the new build 3.168 deleted media Companion on c drive and started with a fresh new copy. When I click on scan for new movies I get this lot file this happened after I did a clean install of winxp pro. Here is the log

scottshaw wrote:
Hi Billy I have downloaded imdb.dll fromNov.19th/09 post and extracted into Media Companion folder and I still get the same log.

scottshaw wrote:
Hey Billy I done a clean install of Media Companion 3.168 . When I open MC I get a box on the screen saying Media Companion
Unhandled exception has accurred in your application Details Continue Quit and I click continue and then scan for new movies .
here is my log file

scottshaw wrote:
Hey Billy I deleted the moviecache.xml and still nothing same log file when I scan for new movies.

scottshaw wrote:
Good morning Billy Media Companion was working great build 3.154 . On Nov. I had to format the harddrive and start a clean install. all the winxp updates were installed plus 3.5.net. and installed media companion and i have been getting this log file.

scottshaw wrote:
Hey StormyKnight thanks for the reply. Here it is 10:30pm Friday night just formated the harddrive and installed winxp with SP3 and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 with all the updates. Installed Media Companion 3.168 in c:\programs .

Hi ScottShaw, Perhaps you should go back through this thread and re-read the posts in it and answer some of the questions or try some of the options people have put in front of you. Then we mite be able to start narrowing your problem down. Because obviously formating your harddrive and updating is not working for you.
Back to top Go down
scottshaw

PostSubject: Media Conpanion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Hey Guy's thanks for all your help Media Companion 3.168 is up and running great. Made a new folder on the desktop and renamed it mc and it worked .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Log File Media Companion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Log File Media Companion
Page 1 of 1