Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fanart and rating scraper error

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davidcom
New User
New User

fanart and rating scraper error Empty
PostSubject: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:52 am

Hello all. I just discovered this program last night. It's really great.

So I fired it up, added the folder to scan (around 500 movies, each in their own folder). Everything works great except two things I noticed:

1. Fanart - after scraping, the fanart image on the "Main Browser" tab reads "No Backdrop is available for this file". To get the fanart, I have to click the Fanart tab and manually choose a fanart image and click "Save Selected".

Can anyone help with this. I'd like to have fanart downloaded automatically, then I can manually change it for movies where I prefer a different image.

2. Rating - after scraping, the Rating box reads "Scraper Error". Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there just an update to the software needed?

I'm using version 3.198, which is the latest version at the time of this posting.

In the future, once I get the Ratings entry fixed, what's the best way to rescrape my movie collection? "Rebuild Movies"? "Rebuild Movie nfo Files"? And then on XBMC, do I choose have to erase my datatbase first in the application data file, or do I just need to rescan the entire movies folder?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on these items.
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 am

Hi,

First rating needs a update of the software.

Second, have you markt it in option scraper - moviescraper - during autoscrape download fanart for movie?
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 am

To fix ratings and stuff click movies in the top left corner and batch rescrape wizard and then you see that you can update specific stuff
Back to top Go down
davidcom
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 am

Thanks to both of the above members. That did it for me for the fanart question. I set MovieScraper to download fanart and then did a batch rescraper wizard. Looks like it's working.

The Ratings still comes back with "scraper error". I guess we'll have to wait for a version update.

So now what's the best way to update the xbmc database? Physically delete the movie database from from the user folder in the Application Data folder or should I do something from within xbmc? If a change is made to the nfo file, will xbmc pick up on it if I do a recursive scan of the movies folder?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:01 am

I've uploaded a new imdb.dll scraper file to the announcements forum, this fixes the issue with the rating
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:42 am

Billy, do you use a regex expression to locate the rating information? What do they keep doing to make it not work?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 am

StormyKnight wrote:
Billy, do you use a regex expression to locate the rating information? What do they keep doing to make it not work?

Cheers

Nothing as complicated as regex, tv episode formats is about my limit i'm afraid.

IMDB do not have an API like TMDB and TVDB, movies are scraped from imdb by looking at the the HTML source for a movie and searching for patterns, it's works the same way as regex, and although it needs much more code, it does mean that I can understand it. I suspect they may make changes just to break scrapers.

The current MC scraper is no more or less reliable than xbmc's xml scraper, such changes can break those too, sometimes the MC scraper will survive a change, and sometimes the xbmc one will, it seems to go in phases. Even after I add support for xbmc xml scrapers, I will likely keep the MC scraper, for the simple reason that I can fix it quickly if it breaks.

I have experimenting on a smart scraper that can fix itself when a page changes, but it's a long way from reality.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 am

Thanks Billy, yes it would be prudent to have both scrapers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fanart and rating scraper error   fanart and rating scraper error Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fanart and rating scraper error
Page 1 of 1