Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Renaming files

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
booman

Renaming files Empty
PostSubject: Renaming files   Renaming files Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 am

Total noob here but I have tried everything and Nothing seems to be cleaning filenames for example:
wombieland.R5.LiNE.XviD-DEViSE 2009 would be cleaned to Wombieland [2009]
I was under the impression that media conpanio did this. Or even remove just binary characters. Apart from that the latest beta work great. I noticed there was a renamer for tv shows why not for movies.
The main reason for concern is that it wont scrape movie names that look like this.2009.r5 and It looks crap. Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

Renaming files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renaming files   Renaming files Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 am

booman wrote:
Total noob here but I have tried everything and Nothing seems to be cleaning filenames for example:
wombieland.R5.LiNE.XviD-DEViSE 2009 would be cleaned to Wombieland [2009]
I was under the impression that media conpanio did this. Or even remove just binary characters. Apart from that the latest beta work great. I noticed there was a renamer for tv shows why not for movies.
The main reason for concern is that it wont scrape movie names that look like this.2009.r5 and It looks crap. Thanks for any help.

You didn't say what version you are using but depending on preferences it may be using the folder name.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com

Renaming files
Page 1 of 1