Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scottshaw

Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs Empty
PostSubject: Still Won't Work Under C:Programs   Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi Billy back in november 28th 2009 I posted a log file for Media Companion that would't scrap my movies or tv shows. At the time this happened I was downloading a tv show and got a virus and Norton didn't catch it so I just formatted the harddrive. I bought a new Western Digital 500gb sata my other hd was to old. Loaded Win XP Pro Sp2 and Sp3 and all the updates, and all Programs and 3.5 Net Framework

Media Companion will not run from C:\Programs
I have Media Companion and all the files setting in D:\ Media Companion Test with the icon on the desktop and it works great.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs   Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 am

I get the same error if I rename imdb.dll - if I put it back in I need to restart MC for it to works again. I cannot explain why your MC cannot load the imdb.dll on the C drive....

Can you try something for me however....

can you rename your current imdb.dll to something else, then copy the one from D drive into the C drive location.

Perhaps the imdb.dll is corrupt on the C drive & causing weird problems - I often get this behaviour with SD cards & my added GPS software. The file appears to delete but a refresh shows it still there, the only way to replace it is to rename it or move it to another folder, OR format the card. This does nothing to the file, but just moves the location of the corrupted file. This allows you to put a new copy where you want it.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs   Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:15 pm

The problem is that MC creates various files and stores them in the settings folder, located in the program root.

The default permissions in Windows do not allow programs to create files in some folders.

The short-term solution is to either change the permissions, or much more easily locate the program to another location than "Program Files"

The long-term solution is for me to use Application Data folders for such things.

@StormyKnight in this case, the all the .dll libraries are loaded on startup by .NET, they are set to be located in the folder root. I am not sure you can change this. I planned to have them located in a subfolder, but no matter what I tried, I could not get them to load outside of the IDE
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
scottshaw

PostSubject: Still Won't Work Under C:Programs   Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Well i tryed renaming the imdb.dll fill to a different name and the MC still didn't scan movies. It works great setting in D: thanks for all the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs   Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still Won't Work Under C:\Programs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: