Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AnthonyB

3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes Empty
PostSubject: 3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes   3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 am

1. Select Movies
2. Click 'Table' button
3. Do nothing
4. Click 'Main Browser'
5. You get a dialog:

You appear to have made changes to some of your movie details,

Any changes will be lost if you do not save the changes now,
Do wish to save the changes?
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------

This is despite the fact I did nothing while in Table view. This only seems to occur the first time. if you do select "yes" to save (non-existant) changes, you don't get prompted again if you keep flicking back and forth between list view and table view.

Does something get flagged or written somewhere that first time you go into Table view that is triggering the save changes dialog?

Oh... and minor typos in the save dialog. Those commas at the end of the first two lines should be full stops. Smile
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes   3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm

It seems that MC was checking for changes in the table, and was identifying "None" in the sets column as an actual set, so when exiting, it was comparing the string 'None' with Nothing and flagging a difference. When saved, the moviecache added the tag <set>None</set> which fixed the problem.
The nfo files are not affected.

I've fixed the problem for the next build, along with the typos. Smile

I'll upload it later today.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: 3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes   3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 am

Thanks Billy.

it appears to have touched the .nfo files for about 182 of my movies (out of approx. 600) and edited the modified date which has now completely borked my default view of by "Date Added" as all these are showing as most recently added. Crying or Very sad

Trouble is, I can't see that it has actually written any data into the .nfo files, it's simply modified the datestamp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes   3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.265 - Switch to Table view prompts to save changes
Page 1 of 1