Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106

Go down 
+6
toekneebullard
HexusOdy
konradwalsh
esra
Doughboy
billyad2000
10 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Empty
PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 pm

New version 3.106

Finally, but by no means completely, TV Shows is now enabled for this build. It should be noted that the tv show and episode handling is very beta, and although it shouldn't hurt your files, their may be times when it does not behave as expected

As with gen1, tv shows can be added from the preferences by adding either the add root for folders containing multiple shows or by using the add single folder button. A separate item should be listed for each seperate tv show.

Once you have added your folders then use the tv shows drop down menu and select "Rebuild TV Shows", in the future this will be automatic, but at the moment this will add the shows to the db.

So what is working so far:

• Shows can be added or overwritten using the TV Show selector TAB
  • From this, various preferences can be set such as sortorder, language, and episode actor source.
  • The option to download posters, season images, and fanart

• Existing episodes will be added to the browser as long as the xml is valid.
  • New episodes can be scraped as gen1 versions, along with their screenshot

• All image urls, including fanart are added to the nfo file for access by XBMC

• A cache has been created so that once your library has been added the startup time is greatly reduced

What does not work

• Editing, at the moment tv show or episode text cant be edited from the browser, although you can select to edit the nfo directly using the treeview context menu
  • Poster and Fanart Browsers have not been added yet

What other things need work

• The adding of episodes to the treeview is only done once the scraper has finished, the goal is to have them added to the list as they are scraped.
  • I am not happy with the panel containing tvshow information. The contents of this will change once I get round to it.
  • There are still a few bugs, specifically related to how the program deals with missing folders and files, this needs tidying up a bit.

This version also brings a number of fixes for bugs reported within the movie section.

I had hoped to get a bit further than I have, but every time I sat down with this TVDB went down, I am starting to get paranoid Suspect
As I have said previously, I am going away for 2 weeks tomorrow and I won't be able to work on this, but I think that most of the work has been done now, and adding additional functionality should happen fairly quickly, not much work for the most part, I just ran out of time.
I dare say that once I get back feedback from this forum will likely give me a good idea of exactly where any problems lie.

Download Version 3.106
Looks like that is down at the moment, so here is a Mediafire mirror

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Doughboy

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:09 am

THANK YOU!

affraid

rendeer
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:26 am

Hi mate,

Thanks for the great work, couple of issues though.

The settings page for TV doesn't seem to save the settings. I couldn't change download from banner to poster, had to edit the settings XML.

Of more concern, i can't add anything.

I added American Chopper which XBMC can scrape fine. However i do theshow selection and finds the show.
But adding new episodes just returns empty nfo files.
Back to top Go down
konradwalsh
Media Companion Supporter

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I think he made it clear that that part was incomplete... ABOVE>..

however... it was worked extremely well for me... its scraping without issues
Back to top Go down
HexusOdy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:50 pm

I believe its supposed to work, although not fully featured.

I'd say not being able to open files, edit or tool drop down menu's probably wasn't desired. Seeing as without them you can't actually add source folders.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:10 pm

HexusOdy wrote:

I'd say not being able to open files, edit or tool drop down menu's probably wasn't desired. Seeing as without them you can't actually add source folders.

You can add folders from the preferences
Back to top Go down
HexusOdy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 am

billyad2000 wrote:
HexusOdy wrote:

You can add folders from the preferences

Yep thanks found that.

Have a good holiday!
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:03 am

Got it working and seems pretty nice!

Only issue i have is with the regex, seems to be very limited.

All my TV shows scraped fine in previous versions, howvere i noticed that a lot were being skipped or else only shows episodes 10 and above were scraping.

Changing from 1x01 etc to everything on S01E01 seems to have fixed it.
Back to top Go down
toekneebullard

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:54 am

So glad to see the TV section is back in. I'd been running the last official release for a long time along side the Betas. Betas for movies, official release for TV.

I LOVE the new browser, with the expanding/collapsing. Great way to organize things, and fast too!

I haven't had any problems with it thus far. Thaks for all your hard work!
Back to top Go down
Vlatro

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 am

Ran into a minor issue. It seems when a directory is added, it creates a basic file for each show, season, episode and then populates it with the data. So if the scraping is interrupted or canceled, you're left with an empty file. Since the file exists, it won't re-scrape, leaving you with shows that display the name and season number, but all episodes in tree-view are simply numbers 001, 002, 003 etc. None of them contain any data, just the unpopulated .nfo tags.

This is all based on observation, and looking at the logs. After canceling, everything finished in the log has data, everything after that has an empty .nfo, so I'm not sure if this is really the source of the problem, it's just best guess.

You mentioned adding a cache, could that be a contributing factor in this? If so, can I dump the Cache? Is there currently a method of rescraping, overwriting the existing nfos, or should I just delete them all and try again?

Other than that, the interface is coming along nicely, and it's scraping very fast. A huge improvement over the original in terms of performance. Great work.
Back to top Go down
jphoenix

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Gidday Billy. Excellent work. Found just a small glitch.

In TV Shows, if you click on 'TV Show Selector', then back to 'main browser', every time you hit the 'Search for new episodes' MC jumps back to 'TV show selector' tab as it starts scanning.

Also, very, very minor nuisance. The log that pops up at the end, show all folders that were scanned, but if you want to check what episodes have been scraped, it's a good long scroll to the bottom to check.

Can the folders scanned not be logged, and just a list of scraped or also failed to scraped episodes be logged.

The Cache is great, after I found how to enable it. And MC is very fast (if only my internet speed was). FANTASTIC progress!

Thanks for all the hard work. Hope you had a great holiday. Cheers Rob.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:48 am

Hi,

As I'm changing laptops I've not had much time but it does appear to be a big improvement with minimal glitches.

I would like to make a request though, I like the open movie folder (in explorer) option can you please do this for TV also.

Thanks
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
toekneebullard

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:40 am

For people having issues adding new shows, heres the problem I had, and the work-around for it.

I had a few new folders with files in them, all shows not yet in MC. I deleted all the folders in the prefs and added the root folder which contained the new show folders.

I then his the "look for new shows" button. Nothing new shows up. Then I hit "rebuild shows" under the TV Shows menu, and I see the new shows pop up, but they have no content. No amount of rescraping or rebuilding fixes it.

So here's the solution.

It seems when you scrape without having any info for the show, the scraper creates nfo files for each new ep, but they're blank. Once you've got the show folder into MC, delete those blank nfo files, and resrcape, and you should have everything in order.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
The only thinkg that bugs me about MC right now is how some shows have multiple seasons listed in the dropdown menu, even though I don't have any shows under that season. It seems like it should onl;y list season, extras, specials, etc if you actually have those files.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 am

toekneebullard wrote:

It seems when you scrape without having any info for the show, the scraper creates nfo files for each new ep, but they're blank. Once you've got the show folder into MC, delete those blank nfo files, and resrcape, and you should have everything in order.

You have definately picked up on a problem, and you had me excited for a while but it still doesn't work for me, I'll be waiting for the next version I think...

Bye,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
jphoenix

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:04 pm

toekneebullard wrote:

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
The only thinkg that bugs me about MC right now is how some shows have multiple seasons listed in the dropdown menu, even though I don't have any shows under that season. It seems like it should onl;y list season, extras, specials, etc if you actually have those files.

I found this also, if I had episodes from early seasons and later, ie: S01E23, then S04E01, MC would fill in the gap with Season 2 and Season 3 between Season's 1 & 4, with nothing in the 2 & 3 part of the tree.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:29 am

esra wrote:
Got it working and seems pretty nice!

Only issue i have is with the regex, seems to be very limited.

All my TV shows scraped fine in previous versions, howvere i noticed that a lot were being skipped or else only shows episodes 10 and above were scraping.

Changing from 1x01 etc to everything on S01E01 seems to have fixed it.

I've just been looking at this and I think i've solved it for the next build.

It's not at the very top of my list, but user customizable regex functionality will also be added over the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:31 am

Vlatro wrote:
Ran into a minor issue. It seems when a directory is added, it creates a basic file for each show, season, episode and then populates it with the data. So if the scraping is interrupted or canceled, you're left with an empty file. Since the file exists, it won't re-scrape, leaving you with shows that display the name and season number, but all episodes in tree-view are simply numbers 001, 002, 003 etc. None of them contain any data, just the unpopulated .nfo tags.

This is all based on observation, and looking at the logs. After canceling, everything finished in the log has data, everything after that has an empty .nfo, so I'm not sure if this is really the source of the problem, it's just best guess.

You mentioned adding a cache, could that be a contributing factor in this? If so, can I dump the Cache? Is there currently a method of rescraping, overwriting the existing nfos, or should I just delete them all and try again?

Other than that, the interface is coming along nicely, and it's scraping very fast. A huge improvement over the original in terms of performance. Great work.

The empty nfo files is actually a bug caused by MC still saving the episode object even if it is empty, will be fixed for next release.

Rescraping episodes will is on my list of things to do over the next week or so.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:34 am

jphoenix wrote:
Gidday Billy. Excellent work. Found just a small glitch.

In TV Shows, if you click on 'TV Show Selector', then back to 'main browser', every time you hit the 'Search for new episodes' MC jumps back to 'TV show selector' tab as it starts scanning.

Also, very, very minor nuisance. The log that pops up at the end, show all folders that were scanned, but if you want to check what episodes have been scraped, it's a good long scroll to the bottom to check.

Can the folders scanned not be logged, and just a list of scraped or also failed to scraped episodes be logged.

The Cache is great, after I found how to enable it. And MC is very fast (if only my internet speed was). FANTASTIC progress!

Thanks for all the hard work. Hope you had a great holiday. Cheers Rob.

I much needed the break, although as usual, I feel like I need another holiday just to recover from this one Smile

The folder logging is more of a debug tool at the moment, the level of logging will be reduced once I am content that there is no bugs in that section.

The other error with MC jumping to the TV Show selector tag has been fixed for the next release.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:39 am

toekneebullard wrote:
For people having issues adding new shows, heres the problem I had, and the work-around for it.

I had a few new folders with files in them, all shows not yet in MC. I deleted all the folders in the prefs and added the root folder which contained the new show folders.

I then his the "look for new shows" button. Nothing new shows up. Then I hit "rebuild shows" under the TV Shows menu, and I see the new shows pop up, but they have no content. No amount of rescraping or rebuilding fixes it.

So here's the solution.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

The issue with the empty nfo files will be fixed for the next release.

I have also redone the way that episodes are added to the treeview so that only seasons that actually have at least one episode will be listed.
Back to top Go down
viperx

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi,
I'm having problems saving the episode.tbn files as well when scraping TV shows with this new build. In the "old" 2.291 build the episode.tbn files were scraped and saved and this is not the case in 3.106 (if I havn't missed any scraper settings).

I must say that I like this program a lot and I'm really looking forward to the next build!
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:12 pm

I Actually like the fact that it shows the seasons you don't have, reminds me what i still need to get.
Back to top Go down
viperx

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:21 pm

esra wrote:
I Actually like the fact that it shows the seasons you don't have, reminds me what i still need to get.

...same here.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:48 pm

esra wrote:

I have actually changed the behaviour now so that only seasons that have at least one episode are listed, and to be honest it is easier to see missing seasons like this than the other.

With a Show listing:
Season 01
Season 02
Season 04
Season 05
It is easy to see that season 3 is missing where with:
Season 01
Season 02
Season 03
Season 04
Season 05
It is not so clear, although the lack of the + would likely give it away.

In the future I will be looking at the possibility of checking all shows for missing episodes, but this is for the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.106
Page 1 of 1