Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naming Movies.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lmaolmao
New User
New User

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Firstly i'd like to apologise, I'm one of those people with a low post count and a "HELP!" thread who only seem to post in times of great need.

It's a great app, think the new interface is great, hardly had any problems since i started using it in the '1st gen'. A pat on the back for billyad2000!

I have all my movies names like this:

Movie name (1956) - 1080p bluray.mkv

with the resolution and source after the "-". It used to scrape fine, but now it thinks everything is part of the movie title, where as it used to ignore what was after the " - ". Is there anyway (through regex or otherwise) to get it to ignore all those extra characters?

thanks.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:39 pm

It already does that, you are actually using the perfect naming convention since everything after the (xxxx) date is ignored, the date is then removed from the title name and passed to the scraper.

What makes you think this is not happening?
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Jocke69

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Imaolmao,

have you replaced the imdb.dll file with the new one after they changed there site a few days ago?

New dll file here.
Back to top Go down
lmaolmao
New User
New User

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi, I have replaced it, but will do it again to be sure!

i have this filename:

20000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) - HDTV.720p.x264.HDBRiSe

when i tell it to scrape it gives me "20000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) - HDTV.720p.x264.HDBRiSe (0000)" as the movie name and the following .nfo (i'm using gen2 3.154 which i downloaded this morning, when i updated i deleted the old folder, so its fresh):

Code:

ยด╗┐<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video />
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>20000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) - HDTV.720p.x264.HDBRiSe</title>
  <sorttitle>20000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) - HDTV.720p.x264.HDBRiSe</sorttitle>
  <year>0000</year>
  <rating>0</rating>
  <votes>
  </votes>
  <top250>0</top250>
  <outline>
  </outline>
  <plot>This Movie has could not be identified by Media Companion, to add the movie manually, go to the movie edit page and select "Change Movie" to manually select the correct movie</plot>
  <tagline>
  </tagline>
  <runtime>
  </runtime>
  <mpaa>
  </mpaa>
  <genre>problem</genre>
  <credits>
  </credits>
  <director>
  </director>
  <studio>
  </studio>
  <trailer>
  </trailer>
  <playcount>0</playcount>
  <id>
  </id>
</movie>

i just replaced the imdb.dll with the new one, and deleted the .nfo etc and it rescrapes the same as above.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

out of curiosity, when you try to use the change movie, what is in the search box?
Back to top Go down
lmaolmao
New User
New User

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:13 pm

"20000 Leagues Under the Sea" which is odd. because i have to do it for several films, but i cant see a pattern with the filenames.

It scrapes fine if i tell it which movie it is.

here is a screenshot:

Naming Movies. F6597256281000
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Just checked this, there is an issue with the cleaning of filenames in the current build, it will be fixed for the next build.
Back to top Go down
lmaolmao
New User
New User

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:29 pm

thanks for taking the time to have a look.
much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naming Movies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Movies.   Naming Movies. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naming Movies.
Page 1 of 1