Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AnthonyB

Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing? Empty
PostSubject: Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing?   Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:35 am

I've just noticed that the feature to re-name existing Scene .nfo files to .info seems to have... gone?

I think it has been gone for a number of versions looking back at my collection..

Was this intentional? or am I blind and can't find the option? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing?   Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:21 am

I've just checked and this option has not been moved over to the new preferences,

I can deal with this in 1 of 3 ways,

1) Add the preference to the current movie preferences.

2) Have the nfo overwritten by MC if exists

3) Rename the .nfo to .info if exists.

I think many would object to option 2, I think it comes down to does MC really need a setting for this.

Would you have any objection if I just setup MC to rename the .nfo to .info without the option.

Other users may want to comment on this also.

For the time being, edit the 'renamenfofiles' tag in the 'config.xml' file, located in the MC settings folder, ('<renamenfofiles>true</renamenfofiles>')
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing?   Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:51 am

Cheers Billy.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy with option 3. "Rename the .nfo to .info if exists." but others may prefer point 1. to have control over the behaviour.

On this feature, the behaviour of multi-file .nfo may need to be checked, i.e. if I have

movie (CD1).avi
movie (CD2).avi
movie.nfo

MC appears to create a "movie (CD1).nfo" which would then leave the original movie.nfo file in existence which may cause confusion to both the user and XBMC Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing?   Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rename of Scene .nfo to .info gone missing?
Page 1 of 1