Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkC

TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Empty
PostSubject: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Guys,

Anyone else noticed that since yesterday when there appeared to be problems with the TMdB Website that MC can no longer pull any Fanart from there whilst searching for new movies or manually using the Fanart Browser, same goes whilst manaually browsing for Posters although have not tested if it pulls posters from there whilst adding new movies.

Billy, guess we may need an update?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 am

Just tested it with Doctor Who 2005, I was able to change both my fanart & posters from TVDB.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
crash123

PostSubject: Re: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Yea he wasnt talking about TVDB it was about TMDB.org. I'm having the same problem fanart wont scrape on initial scrape and it will scrape a poster but will not let me change it.

Cheers,
Rob
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 am

Ah yes sorry about that....

I'm still having no issues with movie fanart however...I was able to change the fanart image for one of my movies without issue.

Also I could change a poster to when I select TMDB as the source...

I did have an issue yesterday with a new movie having no fanart, but I was able to add that manually using the fanart tab.

Do you have a list of steps you are taking that I may be able to replicate.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Still having the same problem...

No real steps, add a new movie to the folder, hit the "Search for new movies" button, no fanart is returned yet if I visit TBdB the move does have fanart. If I right click on the move and select Fanart or Poster Browser (Alternative) on Fanart I just get a grey panel I am pretty sure it used to say "No Fanart found" or something similar and on Poster I also ger a plain grey panel when I know it defiantley used to say "No posters found" If I click on any of the other buttons under coverart, MoviePosterDB, IMDB or IMP Awards I get posters returned.

MC is defiantley just not connecting to TMdB.

I have a large collection of movies and occasionaly batch re-scrape for missing fanart, coudl it be possible that TMdB has blocked my IP due to the number of hits I have made recently?
EDIT: bearing in mind I can still access the website without issue.

EDIT2: OK, just tried the Fanart Tab and that does return fanart as does the Posters Tab however right clicking on the movie name is still broken and it does not scrape fanart or posters from TMdB also "Search for new movies" and batch re-scraper does not return fanart or posters from TMdB, this is quite an issue for me. Something has definately canged at TMdB and the way MC scrapes these as it works under the Fanart and Posters tabs but not any other way.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

The initial fanart scrape uses TMdb API 2.0 as does the alternative browser.

The main TMdb scraper library has moved to API 2.1

As far as I can tell, the 2.0 API has been down for a couple of days, but should be back up now, at least it appears to be from my tests.

If there are continued problems then I will switch the main scraper and rescrape to 2.1, although I will probably keep the alternative (original) fanart browser at 2.0, just to give users an alternative in case of issues with 2.1
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters   TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMdB - MC Mo longer scraping Fanart and possibly Posters
Page 1 of 1