Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone having problems scraping movies?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trogggy
New User
New User

Anyone having problems scraping movies? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone having problems scraping movies?   Anyone having problems scraping movies? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:03 am

Short story - I only discovered MC a couple of weeks ago, used it to scan my films for xbmc which it's done brilliantly. Today I noticed that films were being scraped with their French title - I live in France, but all the films / titles / folders are in English. That wasn't a big deal because MC was still picking up the alternative titles, so I could just toggle to the English.
From this evening, though, when I scrape a film I'm still getting French titles, but now with no alternatives, and plots, ratings, genres etc are all blank. I've tried a fresh download, and tried it on another pc, with the same result. TV series are still working fine. I wondered if anyone else had a similar issue (the lack of plots, info etc rather than the forrin language).
Thanks in advance for any replies

Dave.
Back to top Go down
shadeblack
New User
New User
shadeblack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone having problems scraping movies?   Anyone having problems scraping movies? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:55 pm

imdb changed the format of their pages, looks like the scraper needs to be changed to allow for the changes.
Back to top Go down
trogggy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Anyone having problems scraping movies?   Anyone having problems scraping movies? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:02 pm

shadeblack wrote:
imdb changed the format of their pages, looks like the scraper needs to be changed to allow for the changes.

Thanks.
I can stop scratching my head now.
Back to top Go down
attilas
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Anyone having problems scraping movies?   Anyone having problems scraping movies? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 am

I was getting Russian covers when looking for the English ones. wierd///
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone having problems scraping movies?   Anyone having problems scraping movies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone having problems scraping movies?
Page 1 of 1