Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely

Go down 
+2
feerlessleadr430
Chouonsoku
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chouonsoku
New User
New User

3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Empty
PostSubject: 3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 am

I'm trying to scrape season five of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and for some reason it only scrapes episodes 3, 8, 9 and 11. The log complains that it can't find the other episodes on TVDB in DVD order or the default order. I've tried rebuilding the show cache a couple of times and have double checked all of my numberings and episodes titles, should scrape just fine.
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: 3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 am

i'm having a similar problem except it is for only 1 episode.

Season 2 episode 7 of modern family is present at the tvdb, however no matter what I do, MC keeps saying this:

"Season and Episode information found for : I:\TV Shows\Modern Family\Season 2\Modern Family - 2x07 - Chirp.nfo2x07

Working on episode: I:\TV Shows\Modern Family\Season 2\Modern Family - 2x07 - Chirp.nfo
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
This episode could not be found on TVDB

Operation Completed"

I cannot get it to recognize the episode.

The only thing I can think of is that since the show only aired tonight there is a lag or something...
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 pm

There is an issue with TVDB at the moment.

There are two ways to obtain data from the tvdb api, as raw xml and zipped, for some reason, some requests for xml are returning the zipped version. I am hoping the problem will be fixed soon since it also affects me.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
mauno
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:50 pm

I think this is due broken reverse-proxy or other caching solution TVDB has setup on their server. Just guessing here, but if someone has recently accesses same episode information using scraper that supports gzip they're incorrectly serving same gzipped content to everyone until cache expires. This looks quite probable as when some episodes start failing they fail every time you retry while other episodes work fine. Retrying next day or even few hours later it works again for all episodes. Checking network traffic with Wireshark shows TVDB is returning gzip content for failing episodes.

Quick google search shows that same problem affects all TVDB clients and others have solved it by adding g(un)zip support to code.
Back to top Go down
wedd123

PostSubject: crystal earrings   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Just thought i would introduce myself and say hello there, many thanks. My mate said it is a good spot to pay a visit to.
crystal ring

crystal earrings
Back to top Go down
Johnson75

PostSubject: Re: 3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 am

You might love sports a little something easily portable plus cool for any formal procedure, but still have reduce which you simply glance each one tiny bit a wonderful star of the event. A direct to the point splendor with several of the shore wedding gowns on the market lately can make the ideal visit a popular, passionate, hot shore wedding and reception.
Scoop Wedding Dresses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely   3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.400 - Can't Scrape TV Show Completely
Page 1 of 1