Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

v2.085 apostrophe issue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

v2.085 apostrophe issue Empty
PostSubject: v2.085 apostrophe issue   v2.085 apostrophe issue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 pm

The mentalist Episode 11 is named 'Red John's Friends' but is shown in the episode listing as Red John& apos;s Friends

Cheers
Back to top Go down
brains52
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: v2.085 apostrophe issue   v2.085 apostrophe issue Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I have also seen this issue. It not only appears in the name, but also any text such as the plot summary.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: v2.085 apostrophe issue   v2.085 apostrophe issue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:45 am

Hi,

This is (part) what comes up for the NCIS "Overview" field for me:

producer, comes "NCIS," a hit spin-off of "JAG," that

I looked in the file and that is how it is stored there, which means that the only way it can get to be displayed to use is for the text to be doubly encoded, for example to ""JAG;".

As this encoding also happens on data that is hand edited my guess is that the bug may be that the stored version in the file is not expected to be encoded, or it passes through the same routine a second time. In any case I would not have thought that a double quote needed encoding in the first place...

If you want a more dramatic demonstration of the bug edit the description put in a double quote and save, then reedit, (no changes) save, reedit, save etc, it gets better and better :-) For example you get a longer and longer version of: ""NCIS".

Bye,
Dennis

P.S. As I have reproduced this bug on the latest version its not a carry over from a previous version.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: v2.085 apostrophe issue   v2.085 apostrophe issue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:24 pm

The tvshow handling is terrible, a rewrite is definately needed,

In the meantime i've done a workaround that decodes special chrs (& apos; etc) in the listing.

dbareis, your issue has also been fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v2.085 apostrophe issue   v2.085 apostrophe issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v2.085 apostrophe issue
Page 1 of 1