Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Folder rename

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jetskijoe
New User
New User

Folder rename Empty
PostSubject: Folder rename   Folder rename Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:04 pm

I would like an option to rename the folder that the movie is in. I would like the option to have it renamed to the full name of the movie plus year. For example lets say I have a folder and it is named Final Fantasy VII it would rename the folder to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005). This would be a great feature for both finding duplicate movies and also keeping everything in on my drives neat and organized.

Thanks
Joe
Back to top Go down
Insomniac
Insomniac

Folder rename Empty
PostSubject: Re: Folder rename   Folder rename Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 pm

jetskijoe wrote:
I would like an option to rename the folder that the movie is in. I would like the option to have it renamed to the full name of the movie plus year. For example lets say I have a folder and it is named Final Fantasy VII it would rename the folder to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005). This would be a great feature for both finding duplicate movies and also keeping everything in on my drives neat and organized.

Thanks
Joe
If I may be so bold to add to this request - not just folder rename, but also the possibility of a file rename and move - perhaps using a customisable mask such as:
Movies/%MovieName% (%year%)/%MovieName% (%MPAA%).%extention%
or
Movies/%MPAA%/%MovieName% (%year%)/%MovieName%.%extention%
etc.

Would this be possible?

This also lends itself to renaming and moving series episodes into season folders:
Series/%SeriesName%/Season %Season%/Episode %Episode% - %EpisodeTitle%.%Extention%

Of course it would be helpful to keep x number of session renames in a log to allow for an undo in case things go horribly wrong.
Back to top Go down

Folder rename
Page 1 of 1