Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show missing TV episodes.

Go down 
+2
lupis42
jetskijoe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jetskijoe
New User
New User

Show missing TV episodes. Empty
PostSubject: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm

It would be cool if it showed missing TV episodes. For example if you go to season 1 and in the list the missing episodes are grayed out.
Back to top Go down
lupis42
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I would really like to see this as well. It would be particularly handy if I could link files to missing episodes, as I have some shows where the file simply doesn't come up for some reason.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:40 pm

I am looking at something like this in the medium term.

It will most probably be a kind of filter. Will think about it more carefully once I get to it.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
ingeon

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 pm

It would be nice to see and export a list of missing episodes in MC. (Found Rename&missing check ) on google code.

Watched a season of a series (without looking at numbers) in XBMC only later to realize we missed a critical episode jocolor

Last edited by ingeon on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:22 am

I don't know if this will be of any use but if you have a look at this website, it allows you to view/download a list of shows & episodes.

http://www.mytvwebsite.com/showlist.php

Now the thing is the whole website can be downloaded yourself& used to host your own list....

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvrageshellsite/

Just wondering if this in any way me be able to be used by MC to work out what episodes a show has so that it can indicate which shows we are missing.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

I am looking in to this, and will definately be added at some point over the next few weeks.

@Stormyknight
I was looking at the TV Rage API (http://services.tvrage.com/info.php?page=public&go=fullschedule) although basic, it would serve the purpose. I think ripping the full data may well be counted an abuse of the service and almost certainly overkill.

The only real problem would be ensuring the correct show details were obtained, it may be better to use TVDB.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
marked

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:18 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
Just wondering if this in any way me be able to be used by MC to work out what episodes a show has so that it can indicate which shows we are missing.

You can do this with the tvdb api.

1) From a list of shows, I touch a 0 byte file within named <show>\<show>.s01e01.avi

2) Scrape with tvmetadatafinder to get .nfo files to get the tvdbid.

3) use the tvdb api with the tvdbid to get .xml file, and the episodes.xml. Parse the xml files to get all season, all episodes numbers and titles, all specials, (show\season 00\show.s00eXX.title.avi)

4) touch the files to create 0 byte files. ie . 24\season 01\24.s01e01.avi

5) use MC to get all the metadata.

essentially I end up with an offline setup with all the metadata but no avis.

There is nothing intrinsically different in MC parsing tvcache.xml and the episode xml to find the differences to create the "missing episode" list. MC could use this method and grey out all 0 byte files, marking them as missing. This would be different to an explicitly specified offline folder. MC could then offer an option of marking the missing episodes to a list somewhere, generating a torrent search <ahem> for all the legal downloads, or blocking the ability to play the next non-missing episodes until you've obtained the missing one...

I did most of this before coming across MC, which is very close to doing all the above in one go, but isn't quite there yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show missing TV episodes.   Show missing TV episodes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show missing TV episodes.
Page 1 of 1