Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Media Companion Running in Ubuntu

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
marcozd
New User
New User

Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Empty
PostSubject: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 am

Hello.

I am new here, and I currently use ubuntu to get all of my movies and tv shows, and then I upload them to my xbox that is running xbmc. I am wondering if anyone knows how or if you can run media companion under ubuntu using wine.

Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
maxim

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Probably be easiest to mount the SMB share somewhere on the filesystem and then symlink that into the win file structure. Then you'd be free to do all of your updates from there.

Whether Media Companion runs in Wine, it's unknown by me.
Back to top Go down
marcozd
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:18 pm

sorry, I am a bit new to ubuntu - what exactly do you mean symlink?
Back to top Go down
supersobbie
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

can run on ubuntu without mobo (I think that is the name) you need to run wine and the .NET stuff for ubuntu. It does not work strictly with Wine.

Wink

I belive that a previous version did work with it... you could try that.

Have a Great one.

SoBBie

PS symlink = user@pc> ls -l /path /link

Smile
Back to top Go down
marcozd
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:31 am

THANKS so much for the reply, but perhaps some more detailed instructions would be helpful.

I would greatly appreciate any extra details you could give me.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
alecss
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm

As far as I am aware, this program requires .Net Framework 3.5, which does not currently install under wine. Would like to have this working under wine myself.
Back to top Go down
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Media Companion in ubuntu would be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion Running in Ubuntu   Media Companion Running in Ubuntu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Media Companion Running in Ubuntu
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: XBMC Media Companion Help And Useage-
Jump to: