Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[3.039] List by Filename not sorted....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

[3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Empty
PostSubject: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Not sure if this is a bug & if it is as designed...

When you select 'List By Filename' the resulting list isn't alphabetical.

The reason I wanted the list alphabetical was I saw some resent posts regarding some movies not being scraped so I decided to count my movies in explorer & confirm the same number in MC. As it turned out I have more in MC than I actually have which usually means I have a .nfo file somewhere without an associated movie file.

The easy way would be to have MC list the files by filename in order & also have a list side by side from explorer & look down the list to see the incorrect entry...

Now that I think of that, is there some way that MC could check the validility of the .nfo's?

Thanks....
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Cant duplicate this. files are sorted according to the selected radio button (A-Z, Date, Rating, Date modifies)

I could create a check for invalid nfo files, but it would not be simple, and would require quite a bit of work. I may look into it at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 am

billyad2000 wrote:
I could create a check for invalid nfo files, but it would not be simple, and would require quite a bit of work. I may look into it at some point in the future.

Not 100% sure by what you mean by "invalid", but you could easily check for (a) not XML and (b) Invalid XML (like that sometimes generated by previous MC versions - I fixed mine by hand for the new MC) by simply trying to load up the file via the XML api I assume you are now using?
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:19 am

dbareis wrote:
billyad2000 wrote:

Not 100% sure by what you mean by "invalid", but you could easily check for (a) not XML and (b) Invalid XML (like that sometimes generated by previous MC versions - I fixed mine by hand for the new MC) by simply trying to load up the file via the XML api I assume you are now using?

Versions 3.xxs use standard .net xmldocument to open nfo files. This does mean that some files created by older versions of MC that are not valid xml cannot be loaded, MC currently checks these files for the <movie></movie> tags and if they exist then adds them to the list, this means that event though the xml file is bad that they can be seen in the list or when using the "problem" filter and then rescraped, it also means that other (scene) nfo files are ignored.

From StormyKnight's post I think he was talking about orphan nfo files, MC could in theory perform a check for these, but since there is no direct link within MC between the nfo file and the media file it would be quite complicated to do.

When the nfo file is named with the movie title then it is fairly simple eg
movietitle.nfo
movietitle.avi
MC just searches for movietitle.xxx for each different media extension, if a multipart tag is identified such as cd1 then it can also check for cd2, cd3 etc.

The difficulty comes when people use for example the movie.nfo standard. It is quite difficult to backwards engineer what media file gave birth to the nfo, not impossible, but very tricky, and not something i've got to grips with yet.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Ok the list is sorted of sorts! I had a closer look to find out how it was sorting exactly...

Here are the first few files I have & you can see that they are sorted by the Movie Name not the Filename...

FILENAME MOVIE NAME
The Triangle-cd1.nfo"The Triangle" *note the leading ' " ' so this is before 'a'
A Bugs Life.nfoA Bugs Life (1998)
Priscilla Queen of the Dessert.nfoThe Adventures of Priscila, Queen of the Dessert (1994)
Dean Martin, All in a nights WorkAll in a Night's Work (1961)

Also they are applying the "THE" rule too which I don't think it should for a filename alphabetical search.

Thanks
Stormy

PS..is there any way to quickly add to the program the ability to ignore leading quotation marks in titles? .....thanks.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
Ok the list is sorted of sorts! I had a closer look to find out how it was sorting exactly...

Here are the first few files I have & you can see that they are sorted by the Movie Name not the Filename...

FILENAME MOVIE NAME
The Triangle-cd1.nfo"The Triangle" *note the leading ' " ' so this is before 'a'
A Bugs Life.nfoA Bugs Life (1998)
Priscilla Queen of the Dessert.nfoThe Adventures of Priscila, Queen of the Dessert (1994)
Dean Martin, All in a nights WorkAll in a Night's Work (1961)

Also they are applying the "THE" rule too which I don't think it should for a filename alphabetical search.

Thanks
Stormy

PS..is there any way to quickly add to the program the ability to ignore leading quotation marks in titles? .....thanks.

Are you sure you have selected the "Filename" button above the listbox. Mine list as above only when "Title & year" is selected.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:41 am

Sorry I should clarify...what I see in the list is what is under the FILENAME heading....i.e. the *.nfo's - The associated movie Title for each nfo is shown on the right. To me it appears the nfo's are sorted by the associated movie titles.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm

I think I have finally been able to duplicate this, it should be fixed for the next release. This should be later today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [3.039] List by Filename not sorted....   [3.039] List by Filename not sorted.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[3.039] List by Filename not sorted....
Page 1 of 1