Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possibility to Rename all TV shows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
viperx

Possibility to Rename all TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:05 am

Hi,
the new "Rename TV Shows" functionallity is great, but would be even greater if there was a way to rename all shows and episodes with just one click. Today you need to right click each season in order to rename episodes. Perhaps a new menu option under TV Shows? To be able to use this by right clicking the show itself would be a great improvement as well.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 pm

If there was a bug in this section it could have some severe implications, limiting the scope to a single season until I am happy that no bugs are present seemed prudent.

I will wait a few more weeks, and if there are still no issues reported then I will expand the scope to allow renaming of an entire show.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
viperx

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm

great!!
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 am

The other option I would like once the renaming function has been beta tested, is to have the episodes automatically renamed when they are scraped. To me this sounds like the ideal time to do that.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:39 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
The other option I would like once the renaming function has been beta tested, is to have the episodes automatically renamed when they are scraped. To me this sounds like the ideal time to do that.

Cheers

That is an option that I can add.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks Billy, I may be a little slow, but it just came to me today while adding a new episode, I thought in advance what steps I had to do in MC to get it scraped & cleaned up..... & thought, wouldn't it be better if some of these steps where automatic? Wink
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:05 pm

I agree that automatic could be nice (confogurable in the preferences). I, for one, use the rename syntax as it is already, but there may be folks that may want the files renamed under a different format. Options for syntax would be helpful I think as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibility to Rename all TV shows   Possibility to Rename all TV shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possibility to Rename all TV shows
Page 1 of 1