Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty... Empty
PostSubject: 3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty...   3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 am

I been adding "DVD" to my movie titles so that on the XBOX I can distinquish them from my other movies...

The following movies result in the contents of the tags in the relavent nfo to become empty....

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
The World According to Garp
You've Got Mail
The Borrowers
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Teen Wolf Too

Sorry I can't see a pattern as to why these movies & not others.....

Can I also suggest that when sorting by foldername, along with the folder could we also see perhaps the movie title?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty...   3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm

I have no idea why this is happening, are the same movies effected all the time? If you delete one of the nfo's and rescrape it does it still occur?

As for the movie title along with the folder, i'm not sure how this would be helpful, especially since that info is easily available from the tooltip.

TBH the folder title was only really supposed to be of use before I added support for the actual (.nfo) title. The only reason I can imagine for using the folder title view would be if each movie was in its own folder, and the folder was more correctly named than the file. In this instance a person could use this list to ensure that the correct movie had been scraped, or perhaps to check the English title against a foreign one.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

3.182 Renaming Movie Titles causes nfo to become empty...
Page 1 of 1