Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help request. Movies removed from library.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JKeller1
New User
New User

Help request.  Movies removed from library. Empty
PostSubject: Help request. Movies removed from library.   Help request.  Movies removed from library. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:20 am

I am running the 3.4 version and have not had any issues until recently. All of the sudden some of my movies have been removed from my collection. I checked the directory structure and location to be sure that they hadn't been delete and the files are still there. Well, the .avi file is there, but there is no *.tbn no actor folder, etc (like a normal scan or scrape would produce). I tried rebuilding the Movies but that didn't solve the issue. So I searched for new movies and the log reports seeing the directory fine, but it says 0 NEW movies found. I thought this might be an issue with the Movies being part of a particular Movie Set. I removed the set and am still having trouble. Has anyone had this issue? I have checked the file permissions for the folders (not sure if that had anything to do with it) and they all have access file. Could anyone point me in a direction of something to try next? Thanks in advanced for the help!
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Help request. Movies removed from library.   Help request.  Movies removed from library. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 am

Try these steps

* Confirm you have the setting correct in the Movie preferences regarding if you are using folder names or not
* Enable the log in the preferences so that we can diagnose if there is a problem or not
* Confirm that the folder inwhich the movie is in is in fact in the Folders list
* Only the movie file itself should be in the folder, delete all other files nfo, tbn, etc (you may have a corrupt or empty nfo file so MC thinks its not new)
* Perform a "Search For New Movies'
* Check the log to confirm that the folder has been checked & the file found

The movie should be found & scraped......

Cheers
Back to top Go down
JKeller1
New User
New User

PostSubject: Thank you for the reply   Help request.  Movies removed from library. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I checked the settings for folder names and it is set to true. I have had it set but unchecked it and reran the scan again. Still not getting anything.

I have the log enabled as well.

I do see the directory being in the log during scan:

Code:
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th\.actors
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 2
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 2\
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 3
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 4 The Final Chapter
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 5 A New Beginning
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Lives
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 7 The New Blood
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 8 Jason Takes Manhattan
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 9 Jason Goes 2 Hell
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\From Paris with Love
Subfolder added :- D:\Movies\From Paris with Love\.actors

A little further I see:

Code:
0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th\.actors

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 2

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 3

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 4 The Final Chapter

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 5 A New Beginning

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Lives

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 7 The New Blood

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 8 Jason Takes Manhattan

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\Friday the 13th Part 9 Jason Goes 2 Hell

0 New movies found in directory:- D:\Movies\From Paris with Love

There are no .actor folders in those folders. There usually is after I run a scan and can identify a movie. I have checked this after I reuploaded some more movies to the directory. I checked the directories and I still have only the *.avi file in the folder. I also wanted to make sure I didn't have a hardware problem so I have checked my hdds and array out. They are both fine and I do have read/write access to the folder.

These files were scanned and scraped properly before. It's like they are locked in the db and I can't remove them. Is there a database created from MC? Anything I can check for corruption locally?

Thank you again for the response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help request. Movies removed from library.   Help request.  Movies removed from library. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help request. Movies removed from library.
Page 1 of 1