Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Automatically Rename TV Episodes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
feerlessleadr430

Automatically Rename TV Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Automatically Rename TV Episodes   Automatically Rename TV Episodes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi Billy,

I just started using the TV Rename feature and think it is great.

Is there anyway to have MC automatically rename scrapped TV files (by way of a preference, so that those who don't want that could turn it off)

This way I don't have to remember which shows were recently scraped and 'manually' rename each show.

Thanks for the great program!
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Automatically Rename TV Episodes   Automatically Rename TV Episodes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:32 am

Yep I would like this too please. I haven't had any renaming or incorrectly identified episodes in a long time & I check the original filename carefully to confirm it is correct & valid.

& as feerlessleadr430 says if you add multiple episodes or it takes you a while to get around to adding them to MC, you have to manually remember which ones require renaming.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
jphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Automatically Rename TV Episodes   Automatically Rename TV Episodes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 am

+1. Would like too, though setting an option is recommended, and only renaming if the episode has a title.

Had a few glitches with TheTVDB, where it seemed to scrape, but no title for the episode, nor any plot info. Only showed up as "07 -" and nothing else.

It would have to be actioned only if the info comes back from TheTVDB fully, somehow, um, yeah think you figure what I'm saying. Laughing
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: Automatically Rename TV Episodes   Automatically Rename TV Episodes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 am

Hi Billy,

I think that with the implementation of the new command line option this feature would be really helpful for me.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
ingeon

PostSubject: Re: Automatically Rename TV Episodes   Automatically Rename TV Episodes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:05 pm

jphoenix wrote:
+1. Would like too, though setting an option is recommended, and only renaming if the episode has a title.

Had a few glitches with TheTVDB, where it seemed to scrape, but no title for the episode, nor any plot info. Only showed up as "07 -" and nothing else.

It would have to be actioned only if the info comes back from TheTVDB fully, somehow, um, yeah think you figure what I'm saying. Laughing

I also get this quite often with the episode number - nothing else/blank. (thetvdb)
I then have to delete that nfo and 'search for new episodes'
Would be nice to have a filter for those, fix them rescrape & check and rename.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automatically Rename TV Episodes   Automatically Rename TV Episodes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automatically Rename TV Episodes
Page 1 of 1