Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How does MC determine 'new episodes'??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaGnome

How does MC determine 'new episodes'?? Empty
PostSubject: How does MC determine 'new episodes'??   How does MC determine 'new episodes'?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 am

Ok I'm still using version 3.265 at the moment.. will be testing the new version soon, but I'm having a hell of a time getting new episodes to show up properly.

I have verified that all of the TVDB/IMDB #s are accurate, verified both sites have episode information correctly. Shows are not 'locked'.
But for the life of me I cannot get 'new episodes' to show up in the list. I have verified that 'showname-episode.nfo' exist. (ie: Doctor Who - S05E01 - The Eleventh Hour.nfo) etc.. I don't recall whether a previous version of MC created the NFO, or if XMBC did so for me at one point. Either way it's there but the episode doesn't show up in MC's list.
And for the record, I've tried both the "Search for new Episode" button next to the IMDB button, and the top level "TV Shows--> Search for new Episodes"

What does MC use to read in it's 'list' of episodes?
What file or criteria does it use to determine "Hey I've a new episode I need to scrape!"?

If I had the answers to those two questions I think I can probably figure out what is going on.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How does MC determine 'new episodes'??   How does MC determine 'new episodes'?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 am

If you already have the nfo's for an episode then you need to "rebuild" - this recreates the cache with the current information from the nfo's that exist.

If that still doesn't work, then the nfo may be corrupt. In this case delete the nfo & then search for new episodes. Basically the search ignores anything with a nfo already & I also think it doesn't check if it is in the cache or not....perhaps Billy it could check that too & add it if a valid nfo was found but was not found in the cache?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: How does MC determine 'new episodes'??   How does MC determine 'new episodes'?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Just had a look and the TV Scaper is not as thorough as the movie scraper,

The movie scraper will not only check for an nfo file, but checks for a valid nfo. The tv scraper only checks for an nfo file, so media with an nfo that cannot be read by MC will not be scraped, yet MC cannot add the nfo from the incorrect nfo file.

I'll fix this for the next build.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does MC determine 'new episodes'??   How does MC determine 'new episodes'?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does MC determine 'new episodes'??
Page 1 of 1