Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sickbeard v. media companion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobK
New User
New User

sickbeard v. media companion Empty
PostSubject: sickbeard v. media companion   sickbeard v. media companion Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi there

first off, great application, thanks a million

I'm not sure that this is a bug at all, but it is a mismatch with another related appl so I'm hoping you have an idea of where the issue lies

I use Sickbeard (http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/) to find & catalogue TV shows & Media Companion to catalogue mostly movies, but also to give me more control over what posters/fanart etc. are used for TV shows
the problem arises when Sickbeard processes a .nfo that Media Companion has written - it takes the TVDB reference and writes that as the <id> tag, while of course the Media Companion way is to use the <id> tag for the imdb id and the <tvdbid> tag for the TVDB id...

Not a show stopper, but I am wondering which way is the 'standard' (de facto) - any ideas? I'll also raise this at the Sickbeard forum

Thanks again
- Rob

EDIT: Searched again and found an issue already raised at the sickbeard site (must have missed it when searching before) - it appears it is their issue not yours!
Back to top Go down
Plan9
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: sickbeard v. media companion   sickbeard v. media companion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Can you post a link to their discussion? I'd like to follow that, as it is an issue I'm also having.
Back to top Go down
RobK
New User
New User

PostSubject: sickbeard falt log   sickbeard v. media companion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 pm

mmm, not sure I'd describe it as a 'discussion', but here is the link
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=734

- R
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: sickbeard v. media companion   sickbeard v. media companion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:06 pm

This was an issue when I first started writing Media Companion, the nfo files had no tag for the tvdbid and since for scraping episodes it was pretty essential I added it, XBMC and others adopted it afterwards.

From the beginning the id tag has always referred to imdb.

Since Sickbeard reads the tag correctly from the tvdbid tag, it is most likely a bug in the xml output of the program.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sickbeard v. media companion   sickbeard v. media companion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sickbeard v. media companion
Page 1 of 1