Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stryk3r

Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The" Empty
PostSubject: Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The"   Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:17 am

It's not so much a bug as just not implemented. But I wondered if you could make movies that start with the prefix "A" sort like movies with the prefix "The"

I have a couple movies:
A Bug's Life
A History of Violence

That I would like to be:
Bug's Life, A
History of Violence, A

Since they show up under the A list when they really should be in the B and H group respectively. It's really minor, and don't know if you care but thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks

Stryk3r
Back to top Go down
J_K_M_A_N

PostSubject: Re: Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The"   Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:05 pm

I would maybe even say can it be taken a step further by allowing a list of words you could move to the end. I would add A, An & The. Allowing a list might help others with foreign titles. I think that is why XBMC did it that way.

J_K_M_A_N
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The"   Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:36 am

Yes Billy if possible a customisable list would have the advantage of suiting everybodies prefered taste, I think I posted before about the leading " in The Triangle...., but that was more of an ignore rather than tacking it on the end on the movie name...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The"   Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have movies with Prefix "A" sort like movies with prefix "The"
Page 1 of 1