Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hindibuff
New User
New User

Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Empty
PostSubject: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 am

Hi,

This new project being developed for set top media boxes called UMC (http://hdd-player.de/umc/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) is truely awesome. Any chance of this app supporting their XML files? Doesn't seem that UMC supports nfo files fully at this point.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 pm

What is supported by Popcorn Hour.

I need to know what tags are supported, the xml format and filenaming conventions for not only the xml file, but the backdrops and poster files.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
hindibuff
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:16 pm

hmmm

Let me see what I can find out. I am sure your tool would be awesome to use along with the UMC as I have used both.
Back to top Go down
hindibuff
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:24 am

billy,

I found the templates. Sending them over.
Back to top Go down
hindibuff
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Here is some more detailed info on the xml files to be created.

Please refer to the following link:

http://www.hdd-player.de/umc/wiki/index.php/Movie-xml_en
Back to top Go down
Vlatro

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:56 am

***The below reply is Off Topic***

Wow, this is the first I've heard of UMC. At first it looks like an early stage SVN build of xbmc with a modified Aeon skin. After pouring over the wiki, it seems like the only noticeable difference from XBMC is the way libraries are implemented. While I won't be using it any time soon, I'll be watching it's progress. It has potential to rival XBMC and Boxee if properly developed and maintained. Thanks for posting about this, it's got me interested.
Back to top Go down
hindibuff
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:58 am

Billy,

Any update on this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)   Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support for UMC (Popcorn Hour)
Page 1 of 1