Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

.nfo <set> tag support

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kati42
New User
New User

.nfo <set> tag support Empty
PostSubject: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 am

I'd like, when editing a movie's information, to have an edit field for the <set></set> tag pair. I have a bunch of movies, and in several cases I'd like to group some movies together. It makes for much nicer browsing in XBMC library mode.

Right now I'm manually editing the .nfo to put in the <set> tags, but it'd be great to be able to do this from Media Companion.

Thanks for all the hard work!

kati42
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:47 am

For those wanting know (like me) what sets are I found this text from the XBMC forum...

Quote :
If XBMC recognized your sets successfully you should be see them in two ways:

- In this case a sets node is appearing in your library among all the other nodes, like genre, year, title, etc...
- While you browsing your movies in title node in your library, you should see the sets here as well and then when clicking on a certain set, see all the movies within the choosen set.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 pm

This sounds good but for it to be effective in MC (on large collections) I would think we would need some way of tagging a bunch of movies and then editing the <set> for all tagged.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 pm

This sounds like something that would be fairly simple to implement, as people may have noticed, not much is happening at the moment, I want to wait until christmas is over before starting on any additional big changes. I am really just tweaking at the moment.

How about a tab where a user can create and edit available sets, then maybe a combobox within the movie page where the user has to option to select a particular set from the list. This is the best way I can think of achieving this. While it would be easier just to add a textbox, then people would need to type the set name each time, and there is also the possibility of typo's, and of course the need to remember the set names. Having a set-list would seem to be the way to go.

Multiple selection of movies may come in the future, but it would be fairly complicated and I have many other ideas that are higher priority in my mind.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Double Post

Last edited by MarkC on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:33 pm

The Tab option sounds good to me.

If multiple selection comes in the future could it also be used for setting <genre> as we all know even sequel movies can have completely different Genres assigned to them in IMDB.

Thanks.

EDIT: If Multiple selection does happen then perhaps the option to lock movies would also be helpful to prevent over-writing any info in the .nfo.
Back to top Go down
kati42
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:44 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
How about a tab where a user can create and edit available sets, then maybe a combobox within the movie page where the user has to option to select a particular set from the list. This is the best way I can think of achieving this. While it would be easier just to add a textbox, then people would need to type the set name each time, and there is also the possibility of typo's, and of course the need to remember the set names. Having a set-list would seem to be the way to go.

The tab and combo box would be even better. I'd be happy with just the text box, though, if there's other coding you would prefer to focus on. I'm also fine applying it to each movie. It's still better than editing each individual .nfo by hand. Smile
Back to top Go down
kati42
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 pm

It would be good to have Media Companion be able to populate the set drop-down also from the existing nfo files (ie, sets that were directly edited into the nfo files).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .nfo <set> tag support   .nfo <set> tag support Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.nfo <set> tag support
Page 1 of 1