Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mack_ire
Media Companion Supporter

Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates. Empty
PostSubject: Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates.   Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Thank you for such a great tool have been using it since it was formally know as XBMC Media Companion 1.0,

Quick request:
I have est 750 gig's of tv series spread out over two networked External harddrives aka "TV series" and TV Series1" rather than leaving the media Center run through the whole of the two drives looking for new episodes would it be possible just to be able to scan for a new one within that series. for example Heroes is about half way down my file structure next to it is Hogan heroes, Hogan's heroes is finished so there won't be any new episodes yet every week there will be one for heroes (when broadcasting). You have a feature for re-scraping the *.nfo of that folder which will give you the overview, could you see any way around of just re-scraping the folders in that Series. I have 95% of all the folders set up to work correctly with both this and XBMC:
\\TV Series\tv show name\season #\tv show S0#E0#.avi
Hence, looking only to scan and update \\TV Series\tv show name\season #\

The only way around it that I'm aware of is to remove the completed TV series from the scan list, but I would only behalf the features of this and exporting it out to XBMC, don't want to do that.

Cheers,
John Mack
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates.   Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:01 am

Mack_ire wrote:
Thank you for such a great tool have been using it since it was formally know as XBMC Media Companion 1.0,

Quick request:
I have est 750 gig's of tv series spread out over two networked External harddrives aka "TV series" and TV Series1" rather than leaving the media Center run through the whole of the two drives looking for new episodes would it be possible just to be able to scan for a new one within that series. for example Heroes is about half way down my file structure next to it is Hogan heroes, Hogan's heroes is finished so there won't be any new episodes yet every week there will be one for heroes (when broadcasting). You have a feature for re-scraping the *.nfo of that folder which will give you the overview, could you see any way around of just re-scraping the folders in that Series. I have 95% of all the folders set up to work correctly with both this and XBMC:
\\TV Series\tv show name\season #\tv show S0#E0#.avi
Hence, looking only to scan and update \\TV Series\tv show name\season #\

The only way around it that I'm aware of is to remove the completed TV series from the scan list, but I would only behalf the features of this and exporting it out to XBMC, don't want to do that.

Cheers,
John Mack

One workaround would be to make temporary changes to "config.xml" (its just a text file and thats where the path info is stored), it would not be too hard to create a batch file to make this easier.

I had to use a batch file for similar purposes as unfortunately media companion doesn't support "." and ".." directories.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
Insomniac
Insomniac

PostSubject: Re: Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates.   Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:00 pm

I support this request - this would certainly speed up the scrape process for larger collections.

MC could perform a calculation e.g.
Action - If Season flagged 'Season Complete' do not scrape, else scrape.
Query - 10 episodes of Season 1 found on local storage and 10 episodes of Season 1 found on TheTVdb;
Result - If 10/10, and Season is 'Locked', flag as 'Season Complete';

I use the 'Season Locked' lookup from TheTVdb, but perhaps there is another flag that would be more suitable.

One might however still want to continue to scrape updates for vote count / rating, but perhaps this could be a separate scrape.

I like the alternative of adding a button for the user to manually add such a flag to the XML file.

This is just a suggestion, I leave it to your better judgement to determine actual lookup and query specifics.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Locking   Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm

I also thoguth that the 'locking' feature was a good idea. If there were radio/toggles, that would allow you to make either a TV Series or even a particaul Folder in preferences that is 'complete' or 'locked', then the list would still read on startup, but the scraper would ignore. I have several TB drives that are full and one that is 'active'. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates.   Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbility to scan one TV Series folder for updates.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Feature Requests-
Jump to: