Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mason
New User
New User

mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Empty
PostSubject: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:48 pm

hey,

first to say i appreciate the time and work you invest in this tool ... its very helpfull.

so far i used it for movies, now i like to use it for tvshows too.... im using the newest 2.102

ill add a folder like W:\tvhsows\tvhsowname under that i have Season 1\tvshowname - 1x01 - episodename.mkv

but if i try to scrape these ill get no results :

Code:
TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default
Overwrite Thumbnails Is :- False

Starting Scan For New TV Epsiodes

Actors to Be Scraped From TVDB

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

thanks!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 pm

What version are you using?
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
mason
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Quote :
im using the newest 2.102

but i tried 2.107 right now with the same effect ?!
Back to top Go down
SmokeHacker

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:19 am

Just wanted to reply that I have a very similar issue ( using version 2.121 ). Media Companion scrapes the TV show correctly, but will not grab any information for individual episodes or display anything under the season drop-down box. When I scan for new episodes it locates them on my hard-drive, but the output just says "No Season and/or Episode Information Was Returned For This Episode". The same episodes scrape in XBMC just fine.

Last edited by SmokeHacker on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mason
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:52 pm

i dont have the same effect, nothing shows up... not even in the dropbox!?
Back to top Go down
KeepGood
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:43 am

Hi peeps,

I've just found/installed Media Companion, it looks right up my street. Smile

I've ran into the same problem and I think I know whats going on (possibly maybe). My tv show folder/file structure is like this...

\TV\Battlestar Galactica\Season x\xx - Episode 1.avi

To get XBMC to scrape my tv shows correctly I had to add the following to my advancedsettings.xml file under the tvshowmatching tag.

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

It appears that Media Companion is using the default method that XBMC uses to find tv shows for scraping.

If this is the case, is it possible to add the new search method?

Please note I've been at this for about 15 minutes, I could be seriously wrong lol :p
Back to top Go down
KeepGood
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
SmokeHacker

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah, a custom regex.xml solved my problem. Once again, user error, my bad. I mistakenly assumed that because default XMBC scraped my non-standard filenames that Media Companion would as well ( I use "TV Show - 101 - Episode.avi" instead of the standard "TV Show - 1x01 - Episode.avi" ).

With a custom regex.xml Media Companion will now correctly scrape TV shows that have either "101" or "1x01" in the filename. I am running in to issues with Mystery Science Theater 3000 though due to the number in the show name ( "Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 101 - Episode.avi" looks for season 30, episode 0. If I change that to "Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 1x01 - Episode.avi" then it works fine, so instead of fighting with a regex.xml I think I'll just rename my files )

If anybody is still having issues getting Media Companion to scrape their TV shows then I would either rename your files to the standard "s01e01" or "1x01", or follow KeepGood's link for more information on creating a custom regex.xml. Apologies to billyad2000 if I wasted any of your time on something that wasn't the program's fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related   mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mc wouldn't scrape anything tv show related
Page 1 of 1