Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom genre support? Adding genres?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greybeard

Custom genre support?  Adding genres? Empty
PostSubject: Custom genre support? Adding genres?   Custom genre support?  Adding genres? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:40 am

Browsing Feature Requests today, I thought I remember Billy saying something about adding custom genres in a future build. I remember the post being in late November, but I cannot find it again. Is the feature already available or in an upcoming version? I am particularly interested in being able to filter somehow on country of origin. I would also like to be able to find all films about "film" such as the films Marty Scorcese has made about film, also all of the "The Making of ----" films.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

Custom genre support?  Adding genres? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom genre support? Adding genres?   Custom genre support?  Adding genres? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 am

From V3.154 announcement...
Quote :

• Custom genre lists are now available, to enable this feature just create a text file called "genre_filterlist.txt" in your MC settings folder, and just add the filters you desire, eg.
    Code:
    <85>
    Action
    Adventure
    Animation
    Biography
    Comedy
    Crime
    Documentary
    Drama
    Family
    Fantasy
    Film-Noir
    History
    Horror
    Music
    Musical
    Mystery
    Romance
    Sci-Fi
    Short
    Sport
    Thriller
    War
    Western
    The filters are not case sensitive, but they must contain the text that the search looks for, eg "fa" would list both "family" & "fantasy"
    The "<85>" refers to the control column width, tooltips are shown when the mouse is over an item so they can be cropped without issue, while there is room to fit 30 filters comfortably with a column width of 85, more can be added, but a scroll bar will be added to the control.
    the following are special tags and are not directly related to the genre, if you want to add these filters then they must be as follows:
    Code:
    Top250
    Watched
    Unwatched
    Problem
    Duplicates
    Missing Posters
    Missing Fanart
    Yes, missing posters and fanart has been fully intergrated into the filters.

Back to top Go down

Custom genre support? Adding genres?
Page 1 of 1